Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I wouldn't mind seeing some Star Wars pieces. Gentle Giant seems to be cutting back on their releases.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #12
Al Simmons
Fantastic Four

Personally I have no interest in movie/tv fine art statues & prefer stand alone pieces comic versions not modern though & as for wish list in no particular order
-Mr sinister
-apocalypse
-omega red
-ghost Rider
-sentinel
-deaths head
-anti-venom
Al Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Iceman and Apocalypse, please and thank you.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:26 AM   #14
TheGriffinKing
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Gonk! I am primarily a 1/6 collector because of space and price and I love these lines! Oviously would love more than 2 or 3 a year I too vote for continuing comic versions as opposed to movie versions. As much as I love the usual suspects, I.e. Spidey, hulk,wolverine, cap, etc., I have to say I would rather see other characters that don't get as much statue love, to expand the collection. I DO like teams as well so my wishlist is ark Avengers with Ares and Sentry, comic Guardians of the Galaxy (2008), and others like comic Crossbones, She Hulk, Blade, Moon Knight, and Black Bolt. For D.C., the JSA with Hawkman, Powegirl, and Atom Smasher, oh and Nightwing's Outsiders would be cool. Thanks for asking
TheGriffinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:35 AM   #15
kaza5555
New Republic

Stick to comic interpretation only. That's the only version I am interested in. Prefer classic, and don't mind modern version if done well. My wish list includes Bullseye, Nova, Iron Fist, and Black Bolt.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:37 AM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Wow Gonk so great and surprising to see you start a thread like this.

I have always LOVED Koto's large statues. PCS got me into this game but even Mr. Macaluso will wax poetic about y'all's stuff on multiple occasions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I love everything Koto does, ...
You know what I want most out of buying stuff like this?
My money's worth.
I love when Kotobukiya makes something I want because I know what I get is going to be quality work. From the Bishoujos to the big ArtFXs to the Fine Arts and even the Japanese market stuff, to the customer service and the special sales I could just hug the necks of all of you involved from the sculptors, to the production line, to the webstore CS guys.
Even the old school Wolverine from likely before your time is a masterpiece. I used to stare at that and want it so bad at my LCS.

Now, to the point. I'm a classics kind of guy. Lately Koto's been tickling my fancy with Carnage, Black Panther, and the upcoming Vision Fine Arts.
Thanos is a favorite character but can't go for the modern look.

Nothing I'd love more than to see more Danger Room X-Men though. They're just so good. Now mind you some of that is due to Mr. Sosa. I wish Sosa and Bowen could produce all their stuff through you guys.
I put my money where my mouth is. I don't do secondary market prices but I've purchased just about every Fine Art except those that double or more in value.

Quality for the money and Koto's Fine Arts are always on my yearly want lists.
Personally I'd really like to get more of a collection going but perhaps the scarce nature is part of their recipe for success.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #17
gomur
The Tick

I like pieces that go together, Gonk. Much like what you do with the ArtFX+ Marvel releases. If X-Men are in limbo, then maybe segue to a Guardians of the Galaxy Fine Art line-up. I'd love to see the Annihilation costumes in effect. And this would draw in many a comic purist and Bowen collector to boot.

With Punisher - and before that Daredevil - I wouldn't mind seeing more "street level" NetFlix heroes like Elektra, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. Guilty pleasure would be Daughters of the Dragon, but that might be too obscure even with the shows. Maybe.

Vision is a great addition to the Avengers releases though he skews a bit modern. On the topic of Avengers, Black Widow in her classic grey costume hasn't been done to my knowledge. She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk as "versus" and "stand-alone" pieces would also be awesome. Similar to the Fall of the Hulks Red and Green that came out years past.

We could also stand to see the Spider-Man line expanded. Sosa's hands on Rhino needs to happen. Doc Ock is another classic villain that people would eat up. And I do join the growing masses rooting for an Agent Venom.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #18
Dark Knight.
Birdman

I'd personally prefer the Comic versions and not the TV/movie characters. I think the overall quality has been spectacular, and very reasonably priced. I think one stand alone piece and one team related piece should be released per year. It would also be nice to vote on a team related piece once in a while just to know that the line is not dead. I am the proud owner of a Cap, Black Panther, and a Hawkeye, with Vision on the way. I missed out on the DRS statues but would love to have an X-Men line at some point. More Avengers would be nice as well. Maybe new stand alone sculpts for Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Spider-Man? Maybe a Dr. Strange? Maybe Defenders or Fantastic Four for some team ideas?
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #19
BurningRage
Inhumans

I'd like them to be classic comic costumes.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:57 AM   #20
tokidevilz
Frackin!

Would be interesting to see Lee Price version of Venom with a switch out Lee Price head
tokidevilz is offline   Reply With Quote