Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
masterlei13
Birdman

finally!!

yes Gonk, as much as possible dont do movies or tv versions. keep them classics.

for me, i think we need to finish the x-men line first, beast, storm, iceman and jean. with some mix of marvel villians for every two to three x-men released.

the classic avengers line must continue also.

it is also important to keep them true 1/6 scale. i really love the FA daredevil and carnage but i think they were small to be 1/6th.

this is really getting interesting.

thank you so so much Gonk. really gives up a lot of hope.

Kotobukiya for life!!
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #22
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

For those of us who are Bowen Designs fans your Comic interpretations of this scale are the only way to add new pieces to our collection besides buying previous releases of Bowen and Koto pieces. So I would like it to stay with comic versions and for the line to continue. You are making some of the best pieces out there and I think the only ones in this scale! Keep it up! In fact maybe make some even more detailed with more intricate bases like what XM does with their 1/4 scales! Not complaining about what you already do as I like what I have purchased from you. Just a suggestion. Oh and one more thing don't even bother with movie versions. Unless you can get the likeness dead on your going to be left with overstock.
Thanks from an appreciative fan for asking for our input. Wish more companies did this!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #23
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I concur - Comic versions!!! Let's start with completing the X-Men DRS and X-Force.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #24
Maxwell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

No to TV/Movie Fine Arts statues please. I can understand that prices have risen, like the Vision but as long as its not so much, I will continue to support Kotobukiya products.
Comic and Classic all the way. If you guys have any plans to continue with the Avengers line, Classic Ultron maybe? Classic Antman/Wasp? Punisher is good but fans of the quality statues from Koto really do miss the X-men line and are definitely anxious to see its return (Jean,Storm,Beast,Prof X,). Heck I would love to see The Fantastic Four & Doom with matching bases similar to the what you guys have done for the DRS if that was possible even! But definitely NO to TV/Movie statues.
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #25
FJC
Midnighter

Classic comic statues for me. My only complaint is that the Fine Art line is being released at a slow pace. Most of the Fine Art pieces released by Koto look incredible.

As for characters wanted....I'd like a Nightcrawler and a set of Fantastic Four fine art statues. Please base the FF set off of a more modern artist like Steve McNiven. I don't want a frumpy or old looking Reed and Sue in particular. I have yet to see a cool looking Reed statue or a sexy looking Sue. Those 2 characters always seem to look dated/old in all the statues I've seen of them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #26
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well to agree with literally every post in this thread so far - we all prefer comic versions it would seem, myself included!!

I've been a big fan of the fine arts line, having a total of 4 in my collection. The price point is great, as well as the quality, though I'd agree with an earlier post that the 299 Thanos is about the tops I'd want to pay (As I'm in Canada the exchange sucks).

I can't speak for everyone but I'd actually love to see more obscure characters released along with the better known. B-list characters perhaps such as Blackbolt... just some that stray from the the normal Avengers/Xmen/Spiderman universes.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #27
moviemonster
Justice League

The Fine Art line of comic versions of Marvel characters is great! Diversity in characters in 1/6 scale is something the statue market is currently missing. I don't purchase Sideshow products because collecting in 1/4 scale would require a lot of room and Prime 1 Studios statues going for around $1000 per statue is just bananas. I just recently acquired the Fine Art Thanos statue at BBTS for $270 and it was worth every penny in my opinion. The size is perfect and the sculpt and paint are great. If Koto had more Fine Art options available I would continue to collect them. I also have Juggernaut and Hulk and love them. It would be so cool to have an Apocalypse to display with Thanos.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #28
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

...Almost sounds like you guys are contemplating dropping the line. I think anything other than ramping up the line would be a mistake. People are looking for someone to fill the void Bowen left behind.

Pleasantly surprised so many prefer the comic versions. Comic versions all the way. The price is getting steeper...not as pocket friendly as it used to be, but definitely better than the larger scales. I think the price point is okay at the moment, that could change depending on how steep they get. Stand alone or DRS type pieces would both be fine with me.

One character I'd really like to see, besides Jubilee, is Silver Samurai. Pink blade and all.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #29
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
The Fine Art line of comic versions of Marvel characters is great! Diversity in characters in 1/6 scale is something the statue market is currently missing. I don't purchase Sideshow products because collecting in 1/4 scale would require a lot of room and Prime 1 Studios statues going for around $1000 per statue is just bananas. I just recently acquired the Fine Art Thanos statue at BBTS for $270 and it was worth every penny in my opinion. The size is perfect and the sculpt and paint are great. If Koto had more Fine Art options available I would continue to collect them. I also have Juggernaut and Hulk and love them. It would be so cool to have an Apocalypse to display with Thanos.
Oh, and if you did the movie versions of the Marvel Universe in the 1/6 ArtFX line like the upcoming Star-Lord that would be really awesome too. I'm imagining a 1/6 ArtFX Infinity War Thanos.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #30
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I'm going to echo what's been said in here and say that I'd rather see the Fine Art line stay focused on classic comic book interpretations rather than movies. With Bowen Designs gone, there's a real void that needs filling.

I'm happy with the general focus of the line and the emphasis on '90s-inspired character designs. My only problem is the painfully slow release schedule. There are still a lot of X-Men and Avengers that deserve statues, to say nothing of all the other big Marvel characters.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote