Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #31
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
Yeah, after giving a couple days that's where I'm at too. Been waiting my whole life for a movie Guyver Unit replica, and I can live with the small flaws on my piece.

Gotta love your enthusiasm. Had this been Sideshow, XM or Prime 1, folks would be up in arms.

Yet, people seem to give ECC a pass.

I may post on FB just to see who else was affected. Seems like when an issue is raised there, it gets noticed.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #32
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post

Gotta love your enthusiasm. Had this been Sideshow, XM or Prime 1, folks would be up in arms.

Yet, people seem to give ECC a pass.

I may post on FB just to see who else was affected. Seems like when an issue is raised there, it gets noticed.
Indeed. This is my first ECC piece, and had the flaws on mine been as bad as I've seen here I would send it back. But as I said, I grew up watching the first two Guyver films, and I've literally wanted this piece my whole life. I'll deal.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #33
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
Indeed. This is my first ECC piece, and had the flaws on mine been as bad as I've seen here I would send it back. But as I said, I grew up watching the first two Guyver films, and I've literally wanted this piece my whole life. I'll deal.
The lifesize bust was my first Guyver piece from ECC which had issues with the base and blemishes on the orbs/control metal. Previously my Groot and 1/3 Hulk arrived with zero issues.

They gave me the same song/dance with replacing it, so naturally I gave them a pass simply because other than maybe Prime 1, no one else would be doing a lifesize movie Guyver.

After that fiasco, I planned to return anything flawed (regardless of how rare). When you have the word "Elite" in your company name, it should stand for just that... not something thats just "good enough".
Old 07-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #34
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
The lifesize bust was my first Guyver piece from ECC which had issues with the base and blemishes on the orbs/control metal. Previously my Groot and 1/3 Hulk arrived with zero issues.

They gave me the same song/dance with replacing it, so naturally I gave them a pass simply because other than maybe Prime 1, no one else would be doing a lifesize movie Guyver.

After that fiasco, I planned to return anything flawed (regardless of how rare). When you have the word "Elite" in your company name, it should stand for just that... not something thats just "good enough".
Yeah, I understand. I've seen some of those issues on the bust. Between that and the problems with the Unit, I'm probably gonna pass on the Guyver Zoanoid bust. That's just too much money for something that might come damaged.

Think I'll put that money towards a Prime 1 Guyver.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #35
qz33
Rescue

You're never gonna escape the over pressured cheap Chinese manufacturing with this stuff.

Each individual piece from every release from every company is a risk. Don't compromise.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:55 AM   #36
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

It sucks to hear about so many of these arriving with issues. Mine hasn't arrived yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #37
misteryang101
Doh!

Heads up guys, the stand can rub the paint off of the unit from the panels and can make marks dent the control medal that probably cannot be fixed. I had to glue some cloth on my stand so I wouldn't damage my unit any further. Also, the magnetic panel that hides the battery compartment is sketchy as hell. The panel always shifts and moves around when I pick it up, as if it's going to fall off. Seriously, wtf ECC. I swear, they probably didn't even care about this unit.
misteryang101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #38
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteryang101 View Post
Heads up guys, the stand can rub the paint off of the unit from the panels and can make marks dent the control medal that probably cannot be fixed. I had to glue some cloth on my stand so I wouldn't damage my unit any further. Also, the magnetic panel that hides the battery compartment is sketchy as hell. The panel always shifts and moves around when I pick it up, as if it's going to fall off. Seriously, wtf ECC. I swear, they probably didn't even care about this unit.
That's unfortunate. Clearly, the Q/A process on this was non-existent.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #39
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteryang101 View Post
Wow, that's really concerning! Thanks for the heads up. I might install some cloth on mine too when I get around to displaying it.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote