Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 02-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #201
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It is one of the most iconic poses in fighting games at the end of a super( Especially after landing one on your opponent to finish a match).My favorite is the mvc3 one.I do whished that he had a closed mouth portrait as well.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #202
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I love everything about this statue so far. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me are the rocks on Akuma's base. The base should be simple like Ryu's, especially if collectors are going to be displaying them together. The rocks give this dynamic property to Akuma that just isn't there with Ryu. Theres no motion with Ryu and I feel like there shouldnt be any on Akuma either. I like the simple base concept anyway because all of your attention is focused on the actual character.
I agree.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 AM   #203
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Yeh i have also been abit confused about the base

was expecting it to be more of a rocky stone pavement with grass style. Much like his stage kousyu Street. Something a tad simplier like ryu but very weathered and effective. Small blades of grass patches would be awesome.

then for Shin akuma you get the luna eclipse effect stage

frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #204
Askani81
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I love everything about this statue so far. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me are the rocks on Akuma's base. The base should be simple like Ryu's, especially if collectors are going to be displaying them together. The rocks give this dynamic property to Akuma that just isn't there with Ryu. Theres no motion with Ryu and I feel like there shouldnt be any on Akuma either. I like the simple base concept anyway because all of your attention is focused on the actual character.
Agree. Please make the base simple like Ryu's.
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #205
Nebiros
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Yeh i have also been abit confused about the base

was expecting it to be more of a rocky stone pavement with grass style. Much like his stage kousyu Street. Something a tad simplier like ryu but very weathered and effective. Small blades of grass patches would be awesome.

then for Shin akuma you get the luna eclipse effect stage

I think it's a really nice idea!
Nebiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #206
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifterr View Post
It is one of the most iconic poses in fighting games at the end of a super( Especially after landing one on your opponent to finish a match).My favorite is the mvc3 one.I do whished that he had a closed mouth portrait as well.
He will come with closed mouth portrait.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #207
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Thank you for all your guy's input. It is always appreciated.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #208
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
Erick is looking into changing some things possibly. He is thinking of doing two sets of hands/gloves one with ropes and another set with gloves. To please everyone, also the base might change as well. The rocks might be removed.

Will have more updates and information once Erick returns from Japan. Will see what he decides to do.

Awesome!
Even though erick is looking at switch out hands... i think my vote is gloves just to keep it true to the game even though the ropes look freakin sweet!

Would be very interesting to see a Kousyu stage themed base IF he decides to go there.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #209
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

Glad to hear Erick is listening to the input of the community and considering to make changes to the base. That's what I like to see. Hope he's having a good time in Japan!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #210
jrsyedb
Fantastic Four

Quote:

fantastic, looking forward to this piece
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote