Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #1981
Comicbookguy
Hercules

We need pics of these side by side a ss pf. Looks definitely 1/6. It's the size of a hot toy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:06 AM   #1982
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
We need pics of these side by side a ss pf. Looks definitely 1/6. It's the size of a hot toy.
Damn not for you then right? Time to cancel?
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #1983
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
Damn not for you then right? Time to cancel?
I will sell them off or trade them. I'm not losing my NRD. One of these is coming soon. Will see it in person soon to be sure. Chances are I won't keep them at 1/6 way too small for me.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:01 AM   #1984
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I will sell them off or trade them. I'm not losing my NRD. One of these is coming soon. Will see it in person soon to be sure. Chances are I won't keep them at 1/6 way too small for me.
That's a shame. Dumb reasoning dude. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Cbg all the way!
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #1985
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Well there goes my display showcase, trying to keep them in scale with the comiquettes, playmates Mirage turtles, and prime 1's 90's movie turtles. These new sideshow ones are fking dinky. Im pissed. Will end up probably keeping em since Im a huge tmnt fan anways, and hoping they don't look too awkward with the other sets. But what a disappointment. With such great artistry with these, it was wasted on a smaller scale. Details like this should be showcased on a grander scale. I would have been more than happy to pay a little bit more just to have them in scale to every other TMNT statue set thats out there. What a shame.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:06 AM   #1986
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:12 AM   #1987
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
Lol that pic is on the prev page from the original poster , seems like it has made a round trip from FB.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #1988
Squizzy614
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So many people complaining about the scale... If they were 1/4, there would be people complaining they were too big, or too expensive... Just a case of, u can't please everyone... I think their freakin sick... Whether they were 2" tall or 2' tall, I was in on these from the mention of TMNT... Remember, "gotta collect what u love"
Squizzy614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #1989
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Leo is smaller than the SS comiquette's, he is bigger than the Mondo 1:6. I'm stilling going with 1:5.5 scale.
Yeah SS were not kidding when they said 1:5 ish lol.

Scales aside I am content not happy but content with the size.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #1990
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Once again nearly ALL the community is complaining about the size or the scale. Guys, we know that some statues are hunched over and they seem smaller although in scale, but 99,9999999% of the collectors nowadays HATE, HATE, HATE short statues that look like figures.

The market is too crowded and with so many companies producing stuff, noone is going to give Sideshow 350 or 400 or 500d to buy a PUNY and SHORT representation of a character. They will simply wait for another company or another representation. Its a different market, today and Sideshow completely lost the plot with some of the offerings such as Killer Croc PFF, Darkseid PFF or these turtles. They are TOOOOOOO short and small representations of the aforementioned characters and collectors feel that they arent worth of their price.

Sideshow, please dont produce PUNY statues anymore as its obvious that collectors HATE small scales and paying 350,400 or 500d. They want AT LEAST 20 inches statues. PERIOD. Anything smaller or shorter is an easyyyyyyyyy pass.

My 0.32 cents, guys.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote