Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #1021
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

From a Variety piece...interesting admissions from Warner Bros. co-president of production Jon Berg and DC president Geoff Johns on WW, BvS and SS...

Berg: There are lessons from every movie. You would be silly not to analyze how a movie was received — what went right and what went wrong on the making of a movie.

On SUICIDE SQUAD the movie did incredibly well commercially. It didn’t work narratively. You had some great casting and some great characterizations, but where the story fell down was on narrative, on plot. We could do better. BATMAN V. SUPERMAN was tonally dark. People didn’t respond to that.

Johns: WONDER WOMAN celebrated exactly who the character is, but looking at it, it’s not like we should change everything to be about hope and optimism. There’s nothing to change. That’s what these characters are.

Berg: Wonder Woman is a fun movie. It’s positive and optimistic. The early films may have been too dark in parts.

Johns: Most of the DC Universe is known as being a hopeful and optimistic place. It’s known for characters that are inspirational and aspirational. Anyone who knows and loves the DC Universe knows that a lot of that has to do with its hope and optimism.

Johns: Patty Jenkins and I are writing the next treatment right now. The goal is to make another great WONDER WOMAN film. I had a blast making it with Patty the first time. We’ve got a cool idea for the second one.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jo...ue-1202471557/
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #1022
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I saw it a 2nd time. Nice watching Hypolita's scenes again with knowing how it turns out.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #1023
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's out in blu ray in 2 months. I rather save $ then watching in the theater 2-3 times. Just kind of a waste of $ even if it's the best movie ever made
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #1024
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It's out in blu ray in 2 months. I rather save $ then watching in the theater 2-3 times. Just kind of a waste of $ even if it's the best movie ever made
Didn't realize wasting money was an issue for someone who buys multiples of statues that cost $500-plus each.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #1025
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Didn't realize wasting money was an issue for someone who buys multiples of statues that cost $500-plus each.
What is a waste of money to one is not a waste of money to another. Sounds to me like VS1976 feels like going to the same movie multiple times is a waste of money, and maybe he doesn't feel like buying multiple statues that cost $500.00 each isn't a waste of money.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #1026
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

.... though I gotta somewhat agree with VS on this. Movies being as expensive as they are to see theatrically nowadays I'm 1 and done 99.9% of the time. You can own it on BD for less than it costs for two people to see it once in the theater, and that's without any snacks/drinks.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #1027
Gothamite
Phoenix

I go to the theater for an experience that I can't have at home. This is true even with the nice TV and sound system that I have.

I've seen this movie twice and will be seeing it again on Thursday.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #1028
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

You can find movie deals based on time and price. Early bird in LA is $7.75. Tuesday is $6 all day. You know you don't have to go to an IMAX, leather seats and after 7pm, on the weekend.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #1029
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
You can find movie deals based on time and price. Early bird in LA is $7.75. Tuesday is $6 all day. You know you don't have to go to an IMAX, leather seats and after 7pm, on the weekend.
Most people are working during weekday matinee showings, that's why those are cheaper. Weekend matinee and early bird showings (they were called 'Tightwad Tuesday's' here for a while) are jammed packed. Speaking for myself, the main reason I don't go to the theater as much as I used to is due to annoying moviegoers. I'll wait until it's slower to see most films as I hate a packed house.

All it takes is one distracting person to kill my experience. People are so inconsiderate nowadays, more interested in their cell phones and stuffing their faces with the noisiest foods possible than the actual movie. While I don't pay for IMAX or 3D I will pay a premium price for reserved seating and 21 & over theaters to lessen the odds of tarnishing the experience. If I can't do that I'm content waiting out the BD release.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #1030
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
All it takes is one distracting person to kill my experience. People are so inconsiderate nowadays, more interested in their cell phones and stuffing their faces with the noisiest foods possible than the actual movie.
Just buy all the seats for a particular showing -- problem solved!