Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #321
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
T3 Jin ex 120
T5 Jin ex 100

Surprised he sold worse than King. Basically the face of the franchise. Wonder if Prime 1 having the Tekken 7 license affected sales. Worried about this line continuing for the long haul.
For me it's that this is my first actual F4F piece and I want to have king in hand before I continue buying anything.

To be completely fair though, I don't think Jin is much of a fan favorite when it comes to Tekken. I think King is highly more recognizable and a more liked character. I expect Law to sell better than Jin. I would also expect Paul, Yoshimitsu, Kazuya, Nina, Anna, Jun, Lili, Asuka, and Kunimitsu all to sell better.
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #322
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I can't believe Jin pulled in such little numbers...it's so weird because the Dark Souls stuff was well over a 1000 on the EX pieces.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #323
BurningRage
Inhumans

Nightmare sold better 375 ex. Wonder if they actually played the games or just bought it because it looks cool. There's PCS SF collectors that don't play the games.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #324
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I can't believe Jin pulled in such little numbers...it's so weird because the Dark Souls stuff was well over a 1000 on the EX pieces.
Dark Souls has a larger fan base and no one else is making large high end statues of that series. I think this line's survival will depend on PCS SF and MK collectors willing to buy F4F products. There's a lot collectors that like to stick with their favorite company and won't buy from others. The market is there since PCS been in business for years with those two as their main licenses. Tekken is not as mainstream as SF or MK but I would think it's right behind them. I'm worried for PrototypeZ King of Fighters license as well now since it may not sell as well either.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #325
pyrrhic
Doh!

Nina should be able to give the series a proper and well-deserved boost in sales and possibly get a few more people hooked into collecting the line. Can't imagine Law of all characters bringing in the numbers.
pyrrhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #326
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think most people who did play Tekken 2 or 3 and want that nostalgia kick probably would go for Law, Law was definitely a go to character for a lot of people...i think he'll do well.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #327
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Love Jin, just did not like the aesthetics of this statue. Same with King unfortunately.

I think they both could have been done better.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #328
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Jin is a face of the franchise, but I feel his popularity is still less compared to the like of Nina, Kazuya, Law, Paul and etc. So while I'm sad to hear that the ES is low, I feel it was somewhat expected. Law should do better.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #329
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Jin is a face of the franchise, but I feel his popularity is still less compared to the like of Nina, Kazuya, Law, Paul and etc. So while I'm sad to hear that the ES is low, I feel it was somewhat expected. Law should do better.
PCS haven't made a 1/4 Fei Long because Jerry didn't think he'll sell well. It will be interesting how Law does.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #330
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
PCS haven't made a 1/4 Fei Long because Jerry didn't think he'll sell well. It will be interesting how Law does.
I think Fei Long is tough because in SF there are quite a few characters that are more popular so FL gets put on then back burner a bit. Although Law's popularity might be clouded due to my nostalgic memories from Tekken 2/3 I think he'll do good. Pose and costume depending of course.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote