Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #1881
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

"Patience is a virtue"
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #1882
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
"Patience is a virtue"
Not sure what patience has to do with how well a statue is designed?

Unless you are somehow suggesting Moon Walker Predator will somehow correct itself if we wait long enough.

If we are optimistic Sideshow will figure it out. But still the engineering should’ve been worked out from the ground up. Not...who cares how the prototype holds up, we’ll give it to the factory and let them work it out.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #1883
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I guess I must be a complete oddball. I have little faith this will stand the test of time and yet I bought two of them. Why, because I love Rogue. When the first Rogue ultimately fails, I will have a second one as a back up. I'll know to take precautions to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I'll figure out some secondary support for it that isn't too visible upon viewing. Hell, I may do that on the first one.

I've built too many resin models over the years to know that plastic in WHATEVER form it takes, just cannot hold up to stress. The Spiderman single hand pose that some mentioned isn't quite the same as this. The rod is vertical and the full weight of the body is not causing stress, unlike Rogue where the full weight is causing stress on a horizontal rod.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #1884
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Sure. I agree I am being pessimistic. For good reason might I add. And you are being optimistic...irrationally from my point of view.

Why have I gone on and on about this? Because posters such as yourself have tried to invalidate my claims with “it’s a prototype...of course we shouldn’t expect it to be stable.” “The production piece will be fine”

I come back with counters to your argument and I’m now being told to move on
We tried to invalidate your claim? Now I know what type of mentality I'm dealing with here.

Below is my post and your reply to my post ...in the correct sequence. Sorry, bud. You're the one trying to invalidate claims. With no evidence and facts, no less ...unsubstantiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Exactly.

And I'm sure SSC knows the support system is of the utmost importance on this piece. They'll design for it. And if they don't ..they are going to make themselves look very silly.
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly.

And I'm sure SSC knows the support system is of the utmost importance on this piece. They'll design for it. And if they don't ..they are going to make themselves look very silly.
All of you with so much faith...can you please explain why we have Predators doing the Michael Jackson lean? What are you basing this faith on? I just don’t get it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #1885
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Quote:

Your rational is just crazy to me...
“I got food poisoning from this restaurant one time but I’m gonna go back again because I didn’t get sick the first time...gotta have faith!”
Hell, with this mentality ...then you shouldn't really be riding in airplanes, cars, motorcycles, bikes, etc. Because hey once you see a crash with these vehicles, why go back to using them?
Quote:

And no your plane and car analogy does not work. A plane or car crash usually occurs due to unforeseen circumstances or human error. Designing a building or statue takes planning and human error should be able to be minimized.

Also If a drunk driver crashes repeatedly we take away his license...we don’t say hey he doesn’t crash most of the time and give him the benefit of doubt.
HaHa ...and food poisoning is not caused by unforeseen circumstances and human error? So restaurants are purposefully trying to poison you?

Dude, what did you do to get that kind of service?

You might want to rethink that. The analogy works.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #1886
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Also If a drunk driver crashes repeatedly we take away his license...we don’t say hey he doesn’t crash most of the time and give him the benefit of doubt.
I didn't bring up anything about drunk drivers, so I'll let you argue that with yourself.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #1887
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
HaHa ...and food poisoning is not caused by unforeseen circumstances and human error? So restaurants are purposefully trying to poison you?

Dude, what did you do to get that kind of service?

You might want to rethink that. The analogy works.
Spin it how you want. The analogy works. You just don’t get it.

1. Food poisoning is caused mostly by carelessness, improper hygiene, contamination, etc. To put it in simple terms mostly human factors in that particular kitchen.
Also true for designing statues (or buildings and bridges). The engineer makes sure these things are balanced and will stand the test of time.
So if you have a cook/engineer that cooked/designed something that led to food poisoning/collapsed bridge do you express pessimism that they can do their job or optimistically say “oh it’s alright, they’ve done good work before.”

2. You were the first to bring up planes/cars and how I shouldn’t be getting into them. Which is a terrible analogy because the circumstances are not controlled by one person (for the most part).
I modified your analogy to drunk driving to make it better. Driver who drinks and drives get taken off road...not “oh he doesn’t crash every time, I’ll be optimistic and let it go.”

Pretty sure that’ll still go over your head. I mean how can I argue against “optimism?”
Old 10-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #1888
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I guess I must be a complete oddball. I have little faith this will stand the test of time and yet I bought two of them. Why, because I love Rogue. When the first Rogue ultimately fails, I will have a second one as a back up. I'll know to take precautions to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I'll figure out some secondary support for it that isn't too visible upon viewing. Hell, I may do that on the first one.

I've built too many resin models over the years to know that plastic in WHATEVER form it takes, just cannot hold up to stress. The Spiderman single hand pose that some mentioned isn't quite the same as this. The rod is vertical and the full weight of the body is not causing stress, unlike Rogue where the full weight is causing stress on a horizontal rod.
Yes, exactly. Completely agree. The stress exerted on Spidey and Rogue are completely different.

Yes, you are an oddball for buying something that you have no faith will last (two to say the least). At least you can modify her and somehow make it work. Not blindly accept that Sideshow will make it work somehow.

Another poster mentioned casting the entire saw/armature and Rogue’s connecting arm as a metal piece. I think that’ll work as well.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #1889
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

I love her so much that I ordered two of these.. I am planning to display her with the rest of the X-men Blue Team I ordered (XM Cyclops, XM Gambit, SS Wolverine and SS Psylocke) and the other one Solely for my Rogue Collection.

I too am thinking of ways on how to support in a worst case scenario there will be leaning issues.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #1890
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I have little faith this will stand the test of time and yet I bought two of them. Why, because I love Rogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I love her so much that I ordered two of these..
Brave souls... two x-23's for me, and if they do an x force variant i'll buy that as well.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote