Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2023, 05:04 PM   #141
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
For sure but a lot of us are still waiting on the next batch of the limited edition OG Galactus Maquette.
I feel so stupid for passing on that because it was Open Edition. That is the one to own.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 07:44 PM   #142
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Well Ikon Collectibles has Yoda in stock. That means hopefully those of us who ordered from Aussie based sellers like Popcultcha will have him very, very soon.

https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/...arch/SID200612
Mine has finally delivered!

Now the long wait begins until I finish work (it’s only just after 9am here)
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 12:27 AM   #143
Biggunz
Loki

Skin it boy! Skin that smoke wagon.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 01:39 AM   #144
Aussiebot
The Spirit

My Yoda arrived from Popcultcha today. I'm very happy with him and he just fits in a Detolf (his lightsaber is longer than I expected). His coat is a bit crumpled and could do with some steaming. I like the wired cloak, it makes for some interesting poses.

Overall well worth the $1214 AUD I paid for him.

I feel sorry for those who missed out, hopefully the waitlist converts for those who want him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	163561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2613.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	163562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2614.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	163563  
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:50 AM   #145
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
My Yoda arrived from Popcultcha today. I'm very happy with him and he just fits in a Detolf (his lightsaber is longer than I expected). His coat is a bit crumpled and could do with some steaming. I like the wired cloak, it makes for some interesting poses.

I feel sorry for those who missed out, hopefully the waitlist converts for those who want him.
It’s certainly a cool little piece.

I also was a little surprised with how tall the lightsaber went. And unfortunately it won’t fit in the spare cabinet space I had available for it. Of course I had the measurements beforehand, but I had stupidly only eyeballed it previously.

Just a few negatives though. I’m not sure I like where the iris’s have been applied as they don’t look quite right, but all of them appear to have been produced exactly the same.

I haven’t put them side by side yet, but it certainly looks smaller than their previous 1/2 scale Yoda. Or at least the heads look to be different sizes.

And speaking of the head, on mine it doesn’t sit flush with the body and there’s a giant seam line gap. But because of the the fabric clothing, it covers it completely. So not a big issue, just annoying is all.

And it has significantly less hair than was shown on the prototype too.
Old 07-19-2023, 05:56 AM   #146
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It?s certainly a cool little piece.

I also was a little surprised with how tall the lightsaber went. And unfortunately it won?t fit in the spare cabinet space I had available for it. Of course I had the measurements beforehand, but I had stupidly only eyeballed it previously.

Just a few negatives though. I?m not sure I like where the iris?s have been applied as they don?t look quite right, but all of them appear to have been produced exactly the same.

I haven?t put them side by side yet, but it certainly looks smaller than their previous 1/2 scale Yoda. Or at least the heads look to be different sizes.

And speaking of the head, on mine it doesn?t sit flush with the body and there?s a giant seam line gap. But because of the the fabric clothing, it covers it completely. So not a big issue, just annoying is all.

And it has significantly less hair than was shown on the prototype too.
I don't see a problem with his irises. They look fine to me. What is it about them that you don't like?

Just checked his head and I think it's sitting flush but it does wiggle quite a bit if you apply force. I definitely would have preferred a magnet.

Mine seems to have plenty of hair. I know it doesn't show up in the pics I posted but it is there (on my copy anyway).

I can't comment on size as I don't have the first version. Which do you prefer?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 06:46 AM   #147
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I don't see a problem with his irises. They look fine to me. What is it about them that you don't like?

Just checked his head and I think it's sitting flush but it does wiggle quite a bit if you apply force. I definitely would have preferred a magnet.

Mine seems to have plenty of hair. I know it doesn't show up in the pics I posted but it is there (on my copy anyway).

I can't comment on size as I don't have the first version. Which do you prefer?
Imo the left iris is positioned too far to its left. The white's on that eye is showing even less than the same side of its opposing eye; which should never be the case, if anything it should be the opposite.

And regarding the hair, just look at the prototype images that are still up on Popcultcha's website for comparison.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:47 AM   #148
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

And for anyone who is desperate, Popcultcha still has a dozen units in stock.
Old 07-19-2023, 03:06 PM   #149
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:

Congrats and glad you’re happy with this

Sideshow always does the waitlist thing and create FOMO. I bet another batch will come soon.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 02:56 AM   #150
DevGuy
The Spirit

Great statue but the eyes look off to me.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote