Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2024, 01:48 PM   #201
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Whoa, I didn't know you any gals after you've stated you don't collect them...could this be a turnaround of collecting focus? Is the sausage fest getting an influx of pink tacos?

Well, i never stated I'd never collect the gals, but for the time being I had to make a choice based on available space, money, and key male characters still out there.

Once i fill the male roster, I was planning to double back and take a look to even it all out with some gals.

The/my problem is that these recent female sculpts are really good, with plenty of vibe/attitude, making it hard to decide which way to slide.

I've been mesmerized, & with Sideshow's onslaught, I'm just hanging on for the ride,..................for now.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:52 PM   #202
Demona
Martian Manhunter

IF the Gambit/Rogue dio turns out as good as it seems - Gambit will be the first and only male statue in my collection.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:33 PM   #203
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Well, i never stated I'd never collect the gals, but for the time being I had to make a choice based on available space, money, and key male characters still out there.

Once i fill the male roster, I was planning to double back and take a look to even it all out with some gals.

The/my problem is that these recent female sculpts are really good, with plenty of vibe/attitude, making it hard to decide which way to slide.

I've been mesmerized, & with Sideshow's onslaught, I'm just hanging on for the ride,..................for now.
I totally understand your dilemma, especially with the amazing quality of the recent female sculpts from Sideshow. It's definitely a tough decision to make!
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:55 PM   #204
Demona
Martian Manhunter

How do we have more imagery of a Batman PF announced today that his piece?! Jesus.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:56 PM   #205
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
How do we have more imagery of a Batman PF announced today that this piece?! Jesus.
Cuz Batman is a detective.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:16 PM   #206
Peedi
The Secret Six

I feel like this is normal. Maybe not every year, but it’s not uncommon for Sideshow to choose a product to tease with a banner for 12 Days, but then choose other products they didn’t show prior to release full previews and POs before they fully show that product from 12 Days.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:19 PM   #207
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

It’s looking increasingly possible that Mystique may not be shown until SDCC, or really, Sideshow Con.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:16 AM   #208
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
It?s looking increasingly possible that Mystique may not be shown until SDCC, or really, Sideshow Con.
This makes sense.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 08:45 AM   #209
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

What's the word on this? So I can prepare in putting another imaginary bullet in my head.

The never before seen Sideshow product onslaught has me both in awe & filled with dread. True collecting is back, fcking with our heads.

Best time to collect, just wish the noose wasn't so tight round my neck.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 04:12 PM   #210
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

The idea of it popping up during SDCC makes sense.

To quote Bonnie Raitt “Let’s give ‘em something to talk about”

This hold on keeping us on the hook is smart for SS. Keeps us wanting more…. Keeps us looking and logging on….

Smart marketing.

SS has been on fire since 12 days and are really stepping up on their 30th! Nice job.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote