Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: TYRANT VS DESTROYER
Tyrant 12 66.67%
Destroyer 6 33.33%
Stalemate 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #31
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Then let it begin!
You really like starting fights.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #32
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
The question was basically me wondering if were just picking by favorites or reasoning. Tyrant is one of IMO the cooler cosmics and I liked him handing the SS, Morg, JOH, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill their asses at the same time. I think within reason of a select few in comics he like the Big G is narly unbeatable.

I missed that whole cosmic storyline with Tyrant, and so I don't know much about him, so I'll go with Drew's reasoning on this one.

Hey, Hal..."narly" unbeatable must be pretty tough...I like it!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
You mean the man with no name..... I wonder why he won't tell his name?
Maybe he's someone we've heard of before? Hmm...a mystery...just kidding Makkari. I enjoy our bantering back and forth.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #34
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Galactus, if I remember the story correctly, the fight did last for a while. I'm talking about the intitial fight.
we don't know how it lasted. you have your view and I have my view. I don't think of them as equals.
Galactus knew that if another fight between the 2 of them were to occur something it would be a momentual fight. so he used his head and knew it was worth it...so keep my herald. and don't tell me that you really think that Thanos is a fight for Galactus? Marvel makes G look like a push-over for everyone. he's poorly written.

Thanos is the ultimate threat in the marvel universe, hes probably the one guy that i would pick over galactus, hes like batman with cosmic level powers.

anyways, tyrant would kick the tin cans butt
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #35
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Galactus and Tyrant are, for all intents and purposes, equal in power. Galactus made the Destroyer a herald, so it stands to reason that Tyrant could do the same.

Also, we all pretty much recognize Galactus (and therefore Tyrant) near the top of the Cosmic Food chain. Given that a Destroyer with EVERY Asgardian in him couldn't even damage a Celestial, it stands to reason a regular Destroyer doesn't stand much chance against any Cosmic Level Entity.
I have to disagree with you on some of your statements.

Galactus and Tyrant are not at the top of the cosmic food chain but they are fairly high. But then again so is Odin and the other skyfathers.

When Galactus first created Tyrant he was nearly equal in power but Galactus had to fight him and reduced him to what he is today. Tyrant has slowly gathered power over the eons to try and get back to the level he was but he is still way down.

The Destroyer did damage a Celestial by slicing off a arm. The damage was not permanant since the Celestial regrew the arm. I wonder if Tyrant can survive such an injury?

When Galactus used the Destroyer as his herald he placed a portion of his life force into it to activate it. He did not have to give the Destroyer any of his own power like his other heralds in order for it to work. I doubt Tyrant could use the Destroyer as a herald like Galactus did since he can ill afford to part with a portion of his Life Force to power it.

I think of Tyrant in the class of Odin or slightly below. This all depends on who is in the Destroyer and how well they know how to use the power with in the Destroyer. The Destroyer has even withstood the combined power of the Dark Gods and the even the Celestials could not destroy the armor (it can reform) I doubt Tyrant can damage it. I see a possible stalemate but I see the armor a outlasting Tryant until Tyrants energy reserves are depleted for a long fought win.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
I have to disagree with you on some of your statements.

Galactus and Tyrant are not at the top of the cosmic food chain but they are fairly high. But then again so is Odinand the

When Galactus first created Tyrant he was nearly equal in power but Galactus had to fight him and reduced him to what he is today. Tyrant has slowly gathered power over the eons to try and get back to the level he was but he is still way down.

The Destroyer did damage a Celestial by slicing off a arm. The damage was not permanant since the Celestial regrew the arm. I wonder if Tyrant can survive such an injury?

When Galactus used the Destroyer as his herald he placed a portion of his life force into it to activate it. He did not have to give the Destroyer any of his own power like his other heralds in order for it to work. I doubt Tyrant could use the Destroyer as a herald like Galactus did since he can ill afford to part with a portion of his Life Force to power it.

I think of Tyrant in the class of Odin or slightly below. This all depends on who is in the Destroyer and how well they know how to use the power with in the Destroyer. The Destroyer has even withstood the combined power of the Dark Gods and the even the Celestials could not destroy the armor (it can reform) I doubt Tyrant can damage it. I see a possible stalemate but I see the armor a outlasting Tryant until Tyrants energy reserves are depleted for a long fought win.

Do you ever think anyone other than an Asgardian can win?
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #37
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
The question was basically me wondering if were just picking by favorites or reasoning. Tyrant is one of IMO the cooler cosmics and I liked him handing the SS, Morg, JOH, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill their asses at the same time. I think within reason of a select few in comics he like the Big G is narly unbeatable.
He did beat these beings either individually or in certain groups but not all of them together. In their first encounter he fought Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and Gladiator. Terrax and Morg never joined the fight while Bill, The Surfer and Glads fought Tyrant. The Spinster Lady and JOH got their licks in but it was not enough. Tyrant never fought "all" of them together. I think if Morg and Terrax combined their efforts with Bill, Surfer and Glads they would have won.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #38
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Do you ever think anyone other than an Asgardian can win?
Yes just not Tyrant. Aren't you glad the The Living Tribunal is not my favorite? All fights then would be one sided.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #39
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Well, the Avengers beat Galactus when he was hungry, so the Destroyer certainly has a chance if Tyrant is running low on fuel.
I agree but the Destroyer is just tool not a independant entity acting on its own. The question would be who is behind the Destroyer going after Tryant. I doubt Tyrant can beat the armor itself but the person behind it had better watch out.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #40
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Definitely reasoning as you can see. You actually bring up another great comparison. Thor and the Destroyer often fight to a standstill, but Beta Ray Bill couldn't harm Tyrant what so ever, even with the help of the others you mentioned.

I think this is just a mismatch from the start.
When has Thor ever fought the Destroyer to a stand still? Thor always loses any physical contest not matter what he does. Thor only wins through plot devices like releasing the life force or BFR. Please show me where Thor has fought the Destroyer to a stand still. This proves the Thor is one tough Mutha.

Here is a question that you should ask. Since Thor has beaten Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Glads, How does he do facing Tryant? If Thanos can fight Tyrant to a stand still I know the Destroyer and possibly beat him.