“Professional filmmakers” indeed.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
“Professional filmmakers” indeed.
As far as I’m concerned one doesn’t have anything to do with the other. They can help produce the very best of movie effects, but that doesn’t mean their production pieces will be just as good.

Just curious, but where are Weta’s production pieces made? In house or the same as everyone else, China?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:02 AM   #64
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Smaug was made in China not sure about other pieces.

Phoenix I’m just joking around because it’s something Jon put in his response. I love Weta digital I just don’t like their statues likenesses.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:22 AM   #65
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Smaug was made in China not sure about other pieces.

Phoenix I’m just joking around because it’s something Jon put in his response. I love Weta digital I just don’t like their statues likenesses.
I’m a big fan of Prime 1 and have bought 2 dozen of their larger pieces, but even they don’t always have the best track record when it comes to achieving an actors likeness in their statues.

Just 12 months ago I would’ve said they’re one of the best in statues, but now after Queen and Infinity Studios their rank has fallen.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:42 AM   #66
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Just 12 months ago I would’ve said they’re one of the best in statues, but now after Queen and Infinity Studios their rank has fallen.
I get what you are saying and agree. Keep in mind minus the Arkham line most of my P1 pieces are TF’s so likeness isn’t an issue. I have Queens Joker on PO. Even with all the media out there now I’m skeptical. There’s a few pics with giraffe necks and face paint differences. So we shall see. As for IS I really hope they nail that WW bust. I like what I see so far and if the recent pics hold up everyone who ordered her will be in for a treat. I’m a big LOTR fan and have no pieces to represent that love because the whole face thing is preventing me from buying anything. OCD
Old 07-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #67
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
My bad, didn't mean to offend. My opinion is just that, I'm just as right/wrong as you are. Just a matter of personal preference.

I am doing some investigative research and not having much luck finding in hand production pieces I have found the professional marketing photos of the hand painted prototypes. Im sure the factory pieces are even nicer.
I was only joking about being offended

Yes indeed, statues are often far better looking in hand. I would say that's true of every Weta statue I own, compared to their website photos. Arwen is a funny one, she doesn't look like the actress from one angle, but looks spot on from another. It's often beneficial to see a statue in 360 degrees rather than a still image of one side.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #68
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m a big fan of Prime 1 and have bought 2 dozen of their larger pieces, but even they don’t always have the best track record when it comes to achieving an actors likeness in their statues.

Queen studio human likeness is crazy. I guess the silicones really make a difference.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:43 AM   #69
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Queen studio human likeness is crazy. I guess the silicones really make a difference.
In terms of looking like skin definetely, however there's tons of silicone busts that have likeness that are off and also just look off and not lifelike. Queen studios really just does do an amazing job.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:44 PM   #70
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Any word as to whether Sideshow will be selling this and the Balrog/Gandalf dio?
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote