Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #921
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I know Simply Toys won't get Ghost Rider. I was wondering if XM extended the same courtesy Simply Toys does to their Prestige Members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Great question General Zod! We want to but have been IT constrained on this. Tried to use a system previously sold by a local software salesman but ultimately got sold a box with no instructions to implement. (in other words we got stuffed!) Am testing new website at the moment and will then start to progress towards a newsletter of sorts in the next phase. Short answer, no we don't have this atm but we are definitely going to implement this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiro View Post
------
This is what i like with XM! Hopefully there will be more news letters and advance PO for its prestige members. XM always find a way for improvement. Keep it up XM team!!!!

I want to be a prestige member, but I live in the US. So in reality XM doesn't know me, or is allowed to talk to me at least about Marvel/DC.

Really a shame, I feel left out of the excitement. I feel like high school where there is an "IN" crowd and I can't get in
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #922
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Great question General Zod! We want to but have been IT constrained on this. Tried to use a system previously sold by a local software salesman but ultimately got sold a box with no instructions to implement. (in other words we got stuffed!) Am testing new website at the moment and will then start to progress towards a newsletter of sorts in the next phase. Short answer, no we don't have this atm but we are definitely going to implement this.
Thanks for answering my question. I look forward to it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #923
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
I want to be a prestige member, but I live in the US. So in reality XM doesn't know me, or is allowed to talk to me at least about Marvel/DC.

Really a shame, I feel left out of the excitement. I feel like high school where there is an "IN" crowd and I can't get in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids... All the cool kids they seem to fit in, like the cool kids!!!

I know what you mean but that's the beauty of this company, the built it very well and have organized things very well too, sure there have been some hiccups along the way but they are newer company and still learning but have always been able to bounce right back up..

These guys are definitely going places and I just hope to be along for the ride and get the pieces I want....this is definitely one of them and seems unreal that by next year I'll have this on my shelves!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #924
SDguy

Quote:

You can get it, just costs you money. Since XM started, I feel a whole new appreciation for Asian collectors of Bowen, or even EU collectors of SS.

FWIW I've seen some pretty close to retail prices on FB groups for some XM pieces.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #925
Lotus000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
I wish that I could be like the cool kids... All the cool kids they seem to fit in, like the cool kids!!!

I know what you mean but that's the beauty of this company, the built it very well and have organized things very well too, sure there have been some hiccups along the way but they are newer company and still learning but have always been able to bounce right back up..

These guys are definitely going places and I just hope to be along for the ride and get the pieces I want....this is definitely one of them and seems unreal that by next year I'll have this on my shelves!!

Sarah
At least I'm not alone in this. As a newer XM fan I want them to succeed , and I'm sure they know the US market is huge money for them.

It's all about the baby steps. Honestly I don't want XM to turn into a gorilla like sideshow.

On another note i really love the idea of the silver coin. This coin is another small touch that makes the whole expieriance better from unboxing to itemized photo of how everything is placed in styrofoam to the Art Print to setting up your Statue then finally placing coin either near Ststue or on another shelf all lined up.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #926
Lotus000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
You can get it, just costs you money. Since XM started, I feel a whole new appreciation for Asian collectors of Bowen, or even EU collectors of SS.

FWIW I've seen some pretty close to retail prices on FB groups for some XM pieces.
Very true. As for prices on FB I've been watching. I saw someone sell Thor for 685USD. That is bellow retail . I also saw someone selling Sandman for actual retail.

What I'm learning is the middle men need to unload excessive pre orders in order to keep thier prestige membership.

Right now it's a game that middle men sellers are playing. I will be slowing down on telling my middle man to just put me down for a piece and paying 100SGD over retail when many others are selling without a fee.

I'm loving XMs product just not loving the process to obtain. Just like you said it maybe the same way for EU collectors of Sideshow.
/
Old 04-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #927
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Wink

Quote:

Get some friends or family in Asia ,easy fix really.everyone can be in,if you can think out of the box..
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #928
Lotus000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Get some friends or family in Asia ,easy fix really.everyone can be in,if you can think out of the box..
Very true , I'm trying to make friends 😀.
It just takes time to develop relationships.

👊
Old 04-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #929
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Am I reading this correctly that is will eventually mean Prestige Members will be able to PO before everybody else?

Which in turn will mean that non prestige members are screwed because statues will have sold out before ever hitting the non prestige group.

Newsletters I understand and clearly get then from other companies. I'm all for that. But adding a "link" to order two days before everybody else as Prestige is rough. It's a flippers dream!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #930
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

So I am considering throwing in a PO for this today. Just gotta figure out if I want to pull the trigger.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote