Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2017, 04:45 AM   #6311
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
good enough!
Im with you, I'd like it to be 50+ pounds but if they stick with the 35lbs I think were good. My fear is Quality, to be epic it needs to be made in a high quality factory with tight quality control.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #6312
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
I've heard the statue is being produced with a high quality factory, anyone heard this too?
Yes, but nothing new or higher level, just the factory used for Gladiator Hulk and the new Red Sonja. Nothing epic or new, just a chance that is will be as good as Gladiator. Sorry, but if there was really a new factory we would all know about it. More of the same, just a much higher price. Thats cool, as long as you know you wont be upset, also this piece really is easy to paint so no worries, he will look fine.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #6313
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Yes, but nothing new or higher level, just the factory used for Gladiator Hulk and the new Red Sonja. Nothing epic or new, just a chance that is will be as good as Gladiator. Sorry, but if there was really a new factory we would all know about it. More of the same, just a much higher price. Thats cool, as long as you know you wont be upset, also this piece really is easy to paint so no worries, he will look fine.
You mean that horribly painted Red Sonja with fake like skin? How about the defects on her after so many castings on the same mold. Nobody can say everyone who ordered a Red Sonja got a high quality piece. OMG, now I'm worried. How hard is it when you have millions of dollars to setup a factory on China of your own SSC and ensure you hire the best painters in the local China area. Quality Control needs to be raised and people will be pissed if they receive a Thanos that is sub-par for $1200.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #6314
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Dont forget to mention King Hulk. The same factory that produced Gladiator Hulk, also did King, which is the better version of the two, and extremely well done.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #6315
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'd prefer to not have a 50lbs + statue.

Also, Spawn Dude what are your sources? You seem to know a lot about the inner workings of the industry.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #6316
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
You mean that horribly painted Red Sonja with fake like skin? How about the defects on her after so many castings on the same mold. Nobody can say everyone who ordered a Red Sonja got a high quality piece. OMG, now I'm worried. How hard is it when you have millions of dollars to setup a factory on China of your own SSC and ensure you hire the best painters in the local China area. Quality Control needs to be raised and people will be pissed if they receive a Thanos that is sub-par for $1200.

Dont even get me going on Red Sonja! That cost me double what I paid for the first one and really it is no better made. I was expecting a life like glistening hard bodied warrior with a sheen to her tanned body like the original photos they used to suck me in, I dont even display it, I am more of a big dude fan but always have room for a smoking hot female, Great sculpt and one day I will have it painted to be a glistening in the sun tanned beauty with a touch of moisture on her skin from all the hard work it took to kill that beast. What I have now is a dull pale manniquen. Thank God all the color on Thanos will look great pale, bright, a little dark or a little lighter as he changes from comic to comic depending on the inker. Yeah, she was a fail for the price, Hope they come through with the big guy, Well made heavy hitters are my personal grails.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #6317
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Dont forget to mention King Hulk. The same factory that produced Gladiator Hulk, also did King, which is the better version of the two, and extremely well done.
Agreed and with the easy color selections for Thanos (easier than King Hulk) I am hoping for a really sweet looking piece! He would be one of the pieces I keep as so far from Sideshow the only real WOW for me is Gladiator, King Hulk, Skaar, and Abomination for Marvel but that is just my taste, many of you years ago sided with me that Skaar has as much presence or more than Doom on throne, that is a fact but had been forgotten as interest in Skaar is low due to him being a B character but an A+++ statue. Skaar was painted just as well as King Hulk so the best factories where being used years ago and nothing really has improved.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #6318
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'd prefer to not have a 50lbs + statue.

Also, Spawn Dude what are your sources? You seem to know a lot about the inner workings of the industry.
You do realize anyone on the street can see that, if you place Gladiator and Thanos in a mall and had a contest and asked guess which cost more to make and win a prize, you would have votes from the public for both Gladiator and Thanos, as I muself really dont know which cost more to make and could not choose as there are reasons for both to have cost more to make.

I did not reply to last comment because yes, you do know Thanos is in the same production cost ranger as Gladiator Hulk, If you cant see that with no factory experience it is like saying there is no way we can know a Ford Focus cost around the same to make as Chevy Sonic. Apples and oranges? Not at all, it is the same thing and you dont need advanced market knowledge, just a little common sense. More important is where are your sources to justify double the cost in 5 years?

Hope you are not offended, I just cant understand where you see double the value or why you would back Sideshow in saying it cost twice as much as Gladiator to make. Lay your sources on the table justifying the massive cost increase, They need to post here and explain. Higher salaries and higher profit because the markert is right for plundering? Yeah, that is likely the answer.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #6319
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thanos Art

Hey everyone I just wanted to share my Thanos art I drew with colored pastel pencils. I used the gauntlet from the Thanos on Throne statue as reference and just enhanced it. This took me about 2 weeks to finish. I do a lot of Marvel and DC cinema artwork. I would like to create artwork for the Sideshow Prints department because I have a lot of followers that collect my art. Thanks for checking out my art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanos Etsy.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	838.4 KB
ID:	105735
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #6320
SONICobra
Batman

Looks great bro, impressive talent!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote