Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #6711
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Overpriced is subjective and a matter of opinion.
Overpriced is relative, a subjective opinion.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #6712
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Overpriced is subjective and a matter of opinion.
^ This.

I don't understand the logic that some of these satue collecting "veterans" have. Apparently, you need 5+ years of experience in buying STATUES to know that an improved version of a current product will be made down the line. I suppose us statue "newbies" don't notice the slew of phones and cars that get made every year which are made better than the previous models.. @newe82 - Those are obvious examples, the list goes on man. Get off your high horse.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #6713
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsR0ozii2Lc
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #6714
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
^ This.

I don't understand the logic that some of these satue collecting "veterans" have. Apparently, you need 5+ years of experience in buying STATUES to know that an improved version of a current product will be made down the line. I suppose us statue "newbies" don't notice the slew of phones and cars that get made every year which are made better than the previous models.. @newe82 - Those are obvious examples, the list goes on man. Get off your high horse.
Like I said stay with and you will learn. High ho silver away!
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #6715
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
TBH.. I don't really see much hate for this piece. Just a few butt hurt collectors who missed out on the EX and can't afford the $1,200 price tag.. Aside from that, I feel like Thanos was received extremely well from the majority of fans/collectors. I also don't think you'll be getting another Thanos like THIS for a while... I'd say the same about the XM Studios Ghost Rider. It's gonna take some serious SH!T to top what we have presented to us at the moment. This Thanos was a statement from SS and IMO, won't be topped for a VERY long time.
This!! I also don't think we're going to get a Thanos that's going to beat this for a few years.. there's still no competition to the Doom on throne and it's been 12 years since that came out..some pieces are always going to be hard to top(Doom on Throne, XM Mags, XM Ghost Rider) and I'd add this to that list of pieces that will stand that test of time
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #6716
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Nice find, love these types of videos.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:58 PM   #6717
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

While I'm fairly new to collecting statues, when Thanos was first revealed, I had no doubt that it would be 1k easily. Is it expensive? Sure. If it wasn't for flex, I would have passed. Is it overpriced? I don't feel it is. Regardless if you missed out on the EX, if you can afford it, go for it! It's going to be a classic.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #6718
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
This!! I also don't think we're going to get a Thanos that's going to beat this for a few years.. there's still no competition to the Doom on throne and it's been 12 years since that came out..some pieces are always going to be hard to top(Doom on Throne, XM Mags, XM Ghost Rider) and I'd add this to that list of pieces that will stand that test of time
It's Dr Doom, no offense but you and Geektech come off as younger guys. Maybe early 20s.
I think you both miss the point. You are all acting like these are actual works of art/originals. They are Mass produced replicas. Still collectibles yes. If you can't understand the value vs cost of an object- it's not worth the discussion or worthy of a reason for smart remarks.

This is a hot time for comic culture-SS and other companies are profiting off it. That's all good. But if y'all think that Thanos with a huge ES is gonna keep value. Let me get some of that Kool-aid.
People being BUTTHURT about missing the EX- it's not an EX or fail.
The negativity is due to true collectors feeling pushed out by the company jacking up the prices- with no positive impact on the quality of the merchandise.
It's not about missing an EX or not affording it. It's about common sense.

BUTTHURT is a term my wife's stoner little brother would use. Even his stoned butt wouldn't waste 1200$ on a Massively produced statue of a dude he saw in a really cool movie sitting down. And with that said- this guy that reads comics is gonna wait and get a Thanos on throne for hundreds less.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #6719
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

@Ryanbusts - Value vs. cost of an object isn't worth the discussion because value is in the eye of the beholder. Just as beauty is. What you think is worth $5, might be worth $100 to me. It's all subjective. Young or not, this is a hobby for everyone - don't see what being young has to do with anything lol. Another "veteran" that needs to take a step down from the high horse. ANYWAY - your entitled to your opinion man, but in MY eyes, the EX is a must. And the EX will certainly retain, if not APPRECIATE in value. All the people who settled for the reg can make all the custom heads they want, but it'll never be the EX.

BTW - there's definitely some truth in what you said about people feeling pushed out by a company they've been loyal to. I talk to a lot of people in this community and there's people who feel like that for sure. But I've also talked to people who slept on ordering the EX, and got butt hurt when they found out in sold in 10 minutes. They weren't expecting it, and they were upset lol.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #6720
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
While I'm fairly new to collecting statues, when Thanos was first revealed, I had no doubt that it would be 1k easily. Is it expensive? Sure. If it wasn't for flex, I would have passed. Is it overpriced? I don't feel it is. Regardless if you missed out on the EX, if you can afford it, go for it! It's going to be a classic.
It's overpriced in comparison to what we are getting at that price. As per individual is only personal opinion.
But when you line up size and weight and price. Your overpaying compared to the market.
But yes it's still worth owning and displaying. This is better than doom on throne but... there is going to be so many of these to fetch that king of value
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote