Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #2721
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
It is a cost and production thing. The Rex is full resin cast, not rotocasted (hollow from inside). That makes a thing complicated if you want to insert the glass eye
Gotcha, Like I said I still like it....just the painted eyes to me looks on the "toyish" side of things but hopefully the raptor bust will surprise me with the glass.
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #2722
franktank
Justice League

It's cool they're finally selling the egg but whatever happened to the mini/desk breakout rex?

And what do you have to do to get a discount on any of these things?

I ordered the Breakout, the Female Rex Bust, and the Raptor Bust.

I want the Raptor Egg too but DANG.....no discounts, promos, codes or nada.

what gives????
Old 06-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #2723
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

They're still a relatively small company, once they can afford discounts, im sure they will. I think their prices are pretty fair overall.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #2724
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
They're still a relatively small company, once they can afford discounts, im sure they will. I think their prices are pretty fair overall.
Yeah,fair prices, but still its 2017 anybody can have promo codes on a website.

I'm just sayin somethin, anything for repeat customers.....a 2% code LOL
Old 06-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #2725
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
It's cool they're finally selling the egg but whatever happened to the mini/desk breakout rex?

And what do you have to do to get a discount on any of these things?

I ordered the Breakout, the Female Rex Bust, and the Raptor Bust.

I want the Raptor Egg too but DANG.....no discounts, promos, codes or nada.

what gives????
The 1/48? BO rex was put on hold I'm guessing because of Toynami's 1/20 failures. They want to iron out the issue before it's done. As a matter of fact it seems other products are being late out the door and going up for pre-order. CC might have went ahead and tried to iron out all issues. They can ill afford to have more problems at this stage of growth.

Paul sometimes comments how little business this forum is for CC but I think that 10 or 15% is alot more important than he realizes, for a still young business. Gaining the business of forum goers is important. That's the hardcore crowd, the customers who care the most. Pleasing them means they are happy to pass the word along on the internet, and the masses often depend on them for infos.

I think abandoning STF over a handful of strongly opinionated members was a poor business decision but it seems like the status quo for companies to leave forums after a certain time. I know it's rough to be unfairly trashed publicly but one needs to make themselves understand that certain people don't understand things so well and they get emotional as a result and the need to look past them is great. It always does more harm than good to run away.

As for what gives, *shrug* if there is no discounted price when I go to order 1/2 stargate busts then I give up on the idea of it. It's easy to talk about it but when you're releasing one piece at a time to gauge whether or not you'll release the companion pieces, it's kind of hard/annoying to keep track to hand out discounts.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #2726
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

With the ever growing use of social media platforms: Facebook, live feeds, Instagram, Twitter, statue collector groups on FB, and YouTube reviews, I think the "power of the forum" is perhaps a bit over hyped. I don't think Chronicle will see their business negatively affected by "leaving the forum" I put that in quotes because they haven't really left they just got bumped down a bit on the company listing. When it comes down to it this company will live or die by the quality of its product, if the quality is there, good word of mouth on social media will be what helps them grow. As a participant on this forum I'm sad that we may not be getting the early inside info or sneak peeks but in the larger scheme of things I don't think that will affect Chronicle's bottom line. And in truth I find out more about upcoming product, pics, prices, and reviews on FB and the collector groups I'm in then I do on this forum
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #2727
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone have any luck with getting information about the damaged Breakout rexs for sale? Not having any luck.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #2728
lordofanime
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofanime View Post

*shrug emoji*
Does Everyone Else's figure have that line/scratch on the right nose?

Chronicle got back to me and said that it was like that one the master mold. So its normal for my figure to have a very prominent line.
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #2729
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofanime View Post
Does Everyone Else's figure have that line/scratch on the right nose?

Chronicle got back to me and said that it was like that one the master mold. So its normal for my figure to have a very prominent line.
Mine does
Old 06-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #2730
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Heres mine and she does not

dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote