Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #121
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Have we seen the actual statue? Or are we just looking at the art? Because I’m totes confused at the level of critique for art that isn’t the actual statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #122
Mister S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So far the best reveal
Mister S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:14 AM   #123
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Have we seen the actual statue? Or are we just looking at the art? Because I’m totes confused at the level of critique for art that isn’t the actual statue.
So far we have only seen a render, not the proto. Llp
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:52 AM   #124
craigcliff1
Zot

I miss when SSC use to just show a silhouette of a statue, they stopped that about 10 years ago. Then they started just showing a part of the statue Was fun to try and figure out what the statue was, added so excitement, then they stopped doing that also
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:59 AM   #125
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I always perceived the Flash as someone who has the physique of Decathlon or Ironman athlete, very lean with well defined muscles but not bulky huge.

I also find big muscles portrayal on Hal Jordan to be silly. Hal is/was a military and test pilot which requires him to be in good shape, but he can’t be super buff as he won’t fit in the cockpit (also have issue with his portrayal as been tall). Plus being a GL doesn’t really require use of his muscles just will power. Next Green Lantern should be some couch potato that flies on around and fights baddies from a construct of a couch.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:26 AM   #126
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
So far the best reveal
... for years
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:56 AM   #127
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I always perceived the Flash as someone who has the physique of Decathlon or Ironman athlete, very lean with well defined muscles but not bulky huge.

I also find big muscles portrayal on Hal Jordan to be silly. Hal is/was a military and test pilot which requires him to be in good shape, but he can’t be super buff as he won’t fit in the cockpit (also have issue with his portrayal as been tall). Plus being a GL doesn’t really require use of his muscles just will power. Next Green Lantern should be some couch potato that flies on around and fights baddies from a construct of a couch.
People want their roided out fantasy escapism and clothes that fit like skin to unrealistically show every definition of muscle. Realism is tolerated in doses, some stitch lines in the costume and a few wrinkles for added effect. I’m with you, but there’s a perception of the physicality of super heroes that most people buy into, so all the men unrealistically look like body builders. It’s fantasy art.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:17 AM   #128
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
People want their roided out fantasy escapism and clothes that fit like skin to unrealistically show every definition of muscle. Realism is tolerated in doses, some stitch lines in the costume and a few wrinkles for added effect. I’m with you, but there’s a perception of the physicality of super heroes that most people buy into, so all the men unrealistically look like body builders. It’s fantasy art.
True but funny how the how all the focus and complaints go into how they make woman in comics look like play things and objects while the men in comics is dressed the same exact way skin tight clothing.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #129
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

TOO LATE SS, you wont be getting this guy's $$$.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #130
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

Wow! This is looking really, really good. When beautifully detailed, and defined anatomy is the recipe, coupled with a great action pose, you can’t go wrong. Can’t wait to see the actual sculpt. Congrats to those who have been waiting an eternity for this, and are finally getting Flash. Seems the wait would have been worth it though. Now SS, don’t screw-up the price!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote