Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #731
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
You're late...I already did that in the second part of my diatribe.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #732
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Man, why do you guys struggle so hard with subjectivity vs objectivity? Putting aside how condescending you're being, your statement in bold isn't a statement of fact.

Quality and value have some objective elements in the real world, but in this fantasy land of a hobby where we're talking luxury and vanity items with no actual intrinsic, utilitarian value or purpose, these are SUBJECTIVE elements. SUB-JEC-TIVE.

What's happening here is that people on both sides of these silly debates are PROJECTING their tastes, their estimates of value, their financial circumstances, and their personal, SUBJECTIVE estimations on what things are worth onto everyone else to make themselves feel good about their collections, the money their spending, and their self-worth. It's transparent as all hell, and it's draining to read.

The fact that EITHER SIDE feels the need to bog down these threads, writing novels about why what they chose is the DEFINITIVE, OMG GRAIL, GOAT is a testament to INSECURITY, not passion, reason, or interesting discussion.

Yeesh.
There is some fact and merit to it because its Human nature COI. Obviously, not everyone is like that, but there are some that are. And no one talks about art being subjective more than myself. I talk about it all the time. It's just human nature to defend something or someone that you like.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #733
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love both companies. They both have amazing pieces, and they both have so-so pieces.

That being said, the annoyance with the XM debate comes from the fact that every single time a character comes along from Sideshow that XM has already hinted at/previewed/released, XM fans have to come in to the Sideshow threads and just ---- all over the excitement that goes along with seeing a new Sideshow piece.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #734
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Man, why do you guys struggle so hard with subjectivity vs objectivity? Putting aside how condescending you're being, your statement in bold isn't a statement of fact.

Quality and value have some objective elements in the real world, but in this fantasy land of a hobby where we're talking luxury and vanity items with no actual intrinsic, utilitarian value or purpose, these are SUBJECTIVE elements. SUB-JEC-TIVE.

What's happening here is that people on both sides of these silly debates are PROJECTING their tastes, their estimates of value, their financial circumstances, and their personal, SUBJECTIVE estimations on what things are worth onto everyone else to make themselves feel good about their collections, the money they're spending, and their self-worth. It's transparent as all hell, and it's draining to read.

The fact that EITHER SIDE feels the need to bog down these threads, writing novels about why what they chose is the DEFINITIVE, OMG GRAIL, GOAT is a testament to INSECURITY, not passion, reason, or interesting discussion.

Yeesh.
I'm with team COI on this one
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #735
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
I'm with team COI on this one
Sorry what does COI means?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #736
COI

I'll tell you guys this: if XM ever gets a 1/4 scale, comic book DC license, I'm logging off this forum, cancelling my internet, and ordering my statues via bike messenger.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #737
darkness777
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'd just add that we should keep it friendly. Comparisons of different companies doing the same character is totally warranted. Especially when they come out around the same timeframe. We can have constructive comments and be respectful at the same time. The point of these forums are for discussions.
darkness777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #738
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Sorry what does COI means?
Comicbookguy's
Other
Identity
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #739
Parallax
Nightwing

While we're on the topic of XM statues, I would have to be paid to own XM's Kraven.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #740
darkness777
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Comicbookguy's
Other
Identity
I like that. Nice!
darkness777 is offline   Reply With Quote