Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I think the GG maul looks great..I also like the attakus but i wasnt' collecting stats at that time and i always comtemplate on missed opportunities of the stats i've let slip through..=(
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:22 PM   #12
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I sold my Attakus Darth Maul recently and don't plan on getting any more Mauls. But I may like GG face slightly better, but I do like Attakus pose much better (here me and elwood on agreement again) So the Attakus wins. GG pose suxs. He looks like a bullfighter waiting for the bull, just give him a red flag and voila.
I don't collect new Trilogy characters anymore and at 11" it would be dwarfed by my actual statues, so no thanks.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
I actually like the GG likeness slightly better, but I like the Attakus pose waaay better. I just wish the Attakus had the saber blades ignited.

The GG Maul is pretty accurate facially, but I just really dislike the way the cape looks. The blowing fabric looks like a Koto piece. I prefer more screen-accurate pieces instead of the stylized look of the GG piece. I'm glad those that want one really like it, though. It's just not for me.
agreed always liked that pose!!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
GG is in serious Attakickingass mode. This Maul was awsome out in SD and easily trumps the Attakus piece!!!
I agree big G.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #15
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I actually Like The Pose Very Much
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #16
chasethedragon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Attakus is infinitely better for at least three reasons. First, bigger is better. The impact of the Attakus statue over the GG is partially due to its size.

Second, both the GG Vader and Maul figures look like they are in the midst of scenes from the movies, like part of dioramas. This makes it harder to display them for those who care about such things. Just imagine placing the GG Vader next to the GG Maul. Would you have the capes blowing towards each other or away from each other. Either way, it would feel wrong because there is no consistency in wind direction.

FInally, as with the Vader 1, the Attakus Maul pose connotes the power and violence of the character without being part of an implied action scene. You don't need to have huge billowing capes to show that Maul and Vader are powerful and deadly.
chasethedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #17
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasethedragon
Attakus is infinitely better for at least three reasons. First, bigger is better. The impact of the Attakus statue over the GG is partially due to its size.

Second, both the GG Vader and Maul figures look like they are in the midst of scenes from the movies, like part of dioramas. This makes it harder to display them for those who care about such things. Just imagine placing the GG Vader next to the GG Maul. Would you have the capes blowing towards each other or away from each other. Either way, it would feel wrong because there is no consistency in wind direction.

FInally, as with the Vader 1, the Attakus Maul pose connotes the power and violence of the character without being part of an implied action scene. You don't need to have huge billowing capes to show that Maul and Vader are powerful and deadly.
Time Will tell which one Is the Best..... and Ummmmmmmm "Bigger is Always Better" yeah you are right especially for Some Special details and Moments......
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #18
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

And what a terrible way to put the lightsaber. It will take too much back/front space.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #19
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

The one that had ray parks head scanned in is the best! I don't know I guess I'm just a stickler for realism GG everytime.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #20
comicfan
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

...wow..it's been out yet?..gg looks good, i buy it... but attakus better..better pose..lets hope gg makes the scale right this time..they have problem with scale...
comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote