Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Cute Ladybots Piece by The Blackcat

Just a few days ago I received a commission I set up with an artist who uses the moniker Theblackcat. While it's not the usual fare you see on the site I figured some of you might enjoy taking a look.

http://the-blackcat.deviantart.com/

She creates this webcomic called Batman and Sons which revolves around Batman raising his four sons: Dick, Jason, Tim and Terry (aka Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond) and the hilarity that often ensues for one reason or another. She has quite a few fans from it as she does a lot of amusing work in it if you ever want to take a look since it does also have a lot of in-joke's that regular Batman readers will notice.

But that being said when she opened up commissions I wanted to get one of my own and since I love Batman and Sons I wanted a similar concept done of some DC ladybots.

The piece thus became a bit of a tribute to Platinum of the Metal Men who's one of the earliest DC robots and ladybot in both Marvel and DC. So I had her as a grown-up watching after three little ladybots Tomorrow Woman, Indigo and Platinum's little sister Copper who was introduced a few years ago as a new Metal Men character. In the piece I imagine Platnium is either a pre-school or other early education teacher of some kind and running an all robot girl's school.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Here's a link to my CAF and I've also attached the piece and Theblackcat's digital coloring of the piece.
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1052703
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2835_zps65b5a364.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	80596   Click image for larger version

Name:	funfunfun1_zpscaa610b8.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	80597  
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That´s very cute artwork.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote