Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #41
The Legend
Frackin!

Her head looks to small.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 AM   #42
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Stiff and lifeless pose. Ill suited, poorly scaled and rather unconvincing base. Unattractive and character lacking head sculpt.

Not much to like about this one in my view, and I'm a huge Catwoman fan too, so that's quite disappointing.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #43
JosephCPR
I am da law!

PASS
JosephCPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #44
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Wow . . tough crowd . . lol

It's not a bad piece . . I am more of a Marvel guy . . but I do own Bats, GL & WW . . .

I am not enough of a fan of the character to get it . . but I like the base and it will probably look a lot better in person . .

The mixed media will probably look best on characters like Green Arrow & Deathstroke . . come to think of it Two Face could be really nice as well . . .
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #45
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
You DC collectors are a strange bunch. You get all excited for tiny statues that lack presence, then you get this large detailed statue that commands attention and think it's bad.

I will take this 1/4 scale statue over anything DC has produced over the years, including those cereal box prize Black & White figures.
It commands attention, just for all the wrong reasons. Where is this "detail"? Another case where someone thinks only large statues can have detail... whethere it's there or not. I mean, she's covered in not-very-form-fitting fabric. This is actually a pretty good one to compare to Sideshow's Black Cat PF, since their costumes have similarities. Based on that Catwoman pic, the costuming isn't even close.

This is actually DCD's third somewhat-recent Catwoman piece with this lifeless face that looks nothing like anyone's interpretation of Selina - there was that mannequin 1:2 bust, the Batman Family piece, and now this. In the meantime, a 1:4 version of the Cover Girls statue would've been perfect, if they have to keep using this costume.

Most of those "cereal box" B&W statues have way more detail than this. Just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's of higher quality. I get why people can not like small statues, but that doesn't mean they aren't well done. And when you display a bunch of those small statues together, trust me... they have "presence".
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #46
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

It's funny, after JohnMatrix posted the pictures of the Black Cat PF in comparison Selina doesn't look so bad.

Granted the tailoring and base on the Black Cat piece are better but I would take Selina's stoic but feminine face over the somewhat masculine one on the BC PF.

I still don't like Catwoman enough to add it to my fair sized Batman collection but I do now think it is passable if the BC PF was.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #47
VS1976

Now if they use Adam Hughes Cover Girls Catwoman as a 1:4 PF, it would had been 100000000% better. No offense to the sculptor Karen, but this statue needed a man's touch. She would had probably have more curves and a slight cheekiness to it. Just imagine if Pablo or Tim Miller sculpted this? They should had also sculpted or use wire on the whip.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #48
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Granted the tailoring and base on the Black Cat piece are better but I would take Selina's stoic but feminine face over the somewhat masculine one on the BC PF.
One of my problems with the Catwoman piece is that I don't think that face looks feminine at all. I had the same feeling towards the BC face based on the solicitation pics, but in-hand pics changed my mind and I don't get any "masculine" vibe from that piece in person. I guess going by that statement, maybe the Catwoman could miraculously look better in person, too.

Here's the close-up shot of the face from DCD's site:

I wonder if those glasses can be lowered... that might help.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #49
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
One of my problems with the Catwoman piece is that I don't think that face looks feminine at all. I had the same feeling towards the BC face based on the solicitation pics, but in-hand pics changed my mind and I don't get any "masculine" vibe from that piece in person. I guess going by that statement, maybe the Catwoman could miraculously look better in person, too.

Here's the close-up shot of the face from DCD's site:

I wonder if those glasses can be lowered... that might help.
It's not gonna help. She looks (not to offend anyone here) but a red neck with masculine feature. Zero sensuality on this piece.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
travis
A.I.M.

Nice...But make Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Atom first...Even a Spectre
travis is offline   Reply With Quote