Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-30-2024, 02:11 PM   #631
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Glad you got it sorted, I went to buy the bust ages ago, but SC had sold out, I'm glad I didn't bother now. Shame they're well and truly screwed up their city hunter after the glorious JH statue and bust. I'd you ever get a refund for your statue?
Nah mate, Openvault stole 2,400GBP from me.

Wish I'd never seen this Predator 2 lol!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:53 PM   #632
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Jungle Hunter bust vs City Hunter bust
Video review by Haunt of the Collector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Fk66zUF4E

That CH bust is weird. Not even close to JH. Weird pose and basic paint job.
It's not perfect, but I don't dislike the CH bust here. Even the pose gives him an almost regal appearance, like he's scanning the horizon. Not sure if that's "Predator-y" really, but as a standalone sculpture it seems to have a cool presence.

Also interesting that they made this bust taller than the JH by including all six ab muscles as opposed to four.

Regarding the portrait paint, I think this could've used a dark wash on the brown areas. Would help the sculpt read better and give the brown more depth. Haunt is correct in saying the City Hunter is a difficult paintjob to pull off; he's got solid chunks of color and they need to be given the same attention as the lighter areas.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:12 PM   #633
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Nah mate, Openvault stole 2,400GBP from me.

Wish I'd never seen this Predator 2 lol!
That sucks so much, is there nothing at all you can do? I still hate the pose on the statue, it's so awkward and just doesn't capture KPH's lose movement at all. But I still want it to be perfect for those who do like it. At the very least I'd like people to receive it!

I'm still wanting to get the Berserker, but I really don't want to spend another 4k+ on a huge unwieldy statue.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:45 PM   #634
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That sucks so much, is there nothing at all you can do?
Nope. Bank aren't interested as I ordered over 6 months earlier.

Worryingly the thieving *******, David Magestro, is still selling statues and pre-orders on eBay!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:25 PM   #635
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

Worryingly the thieving *******, David Magestro, is still selling statues and pre-orders on eBay!
That's awful, sorry mate. And sorry you won't be getting your statue! I wonder how many people that rat has conned.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:37 PM   #636
DPA
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I haven't looked at your situation, if you've posted it before, but AFAIK; If you paid by mastercard or visa (even if they are the linked cards in paypal, as long as you didn't use any partial funds from within your paypal account) the timeframe is from when the delivery is due, not when you paid. You need to tell them it's a pre-order (if it was) and that the given delivery date was xx\xx\xxxx (if you can forward any evidence). If you paid via credit card it's from when you noticed there was a problem I think, and they are bound by law to refund you, so I assume it wasn't. I got two orders worth 4k GBP back from Animegami, over the stated recovery period for visa (using the card via paypal), because I could show the expected pre-order dates were within six months of my claim. If your situation is different from this, sorry to hear it.
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 11:02 PM   #637
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
I haven't looked at your situation, if you've posted it before, but AFAIK; If you paid by mastercard or visa (even if they are the linked cards in paypal, as long as you didn't use any partial funds from within your paypal account) the timeframe is from when the delivery is due, not when you paid. You need to tell them it's a pre-order (if it was) and that the given delivery date was xx\xx\xxxx (if you can forward any evidence). If you paid via credit card it's from when you noticed there was a problem I think, and they are bound by law to refund you, so I assume it wasn't. I got two orders worth 4k GBP back from Animegami, over the stated recovery period for visa (using the card via paypal), because I could show the expected pre-order dates were within six months of my claim. If your situation is different from this, sorry to hear it.
That?s interesting to know. I?ll have to see if I can find where that?s written.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:32 AM   #638
DPA
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That?s interesting to know. I?ll have to see if I can find where that?s written.
Here's a good place to start

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...rd-chargeback/

"For problems that emerge a long time after you've got the items. To use chargeback, it usually must be within 120 days of your payment. However, Visa and Mastercard have confirmed that in the case of future-dated items, such as airline tickets or sport matches, the 120 day time limit begins once you were due to receive the goods or service."

[edit] If you fall withing the guidelines in the linked article; I would email the banks chargeback\debit card disputes team, referencing any previous contact\the payment - saying you had not mentioned it was a pre-order and that you fall within the timeframe allowed for a preorder charge back under Visa\Matercard's guidelines (including a screenshot\link to the scammers listing\emails etc showing an anticipated future delivery date within the last 120 days). My bank also wanted to see proof I had requested a full refund at least ~two weeks prior to contacting them.

Last edited by DPA; 04-01-2024 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Clarity
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 10:21 PM   #639
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
Here's a good place to start

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...rd-chargeback/

"For problems that emerge a long time after you've got the items. To use chargeback, it usually must be within 120 days of your payment. However, Visa and Mastercard have confirmed that in the case of future-dated items, such as airline tickets or sport matches, the 120 day time limit begins once you were due to receive the goods or service."

[edit] If you fall withing the guidelines in the linked article; I would email the banks chargeback\debit card disputes team, referencing any previous contact\the payment - saying you had not mentioned it was a pre-order and that you fall within the timeframe allowed for a preorder charge back under Visa\Matercard's guidelines (including a screenshot\link to the scammers listing\emails etc showing an anticipated future delivery date within the last 120 days). My bank also wanted to see proof I had requested a full refund at least ~two weeks prior to contacting them.
Thankfully, I didn't order anything from open vault. It felt too good to be true, but it's good info to know in the future.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 10:38 PM   #640
Dundee
Hydra

Not sure if it's a production piece but the head looks better on the FS statue. Bust version it seems some look better than others with the decal pattern and tone of colour/gloss. JH was pretty consistent across the board, wondering why there is so much difference esp given CH has a smaller ES.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote