Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #251
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Don't remember a Jim lee Archangel? It's been pretty much the same ever since he first appeared in X-Factor #38 thanks to his co-creator, Walt Simonson. BTW, why would he recreate Archangel? Whilce was drawing that book (And IMO to this day, draws the best Archangel)I forgot about Jean Grey, my bad, or at least I tried to forget. As for Cyclops, again turn to X-factor where you will find him in his "Mutant hunter outfit/disguise" Some may call this a stretch, but The similarities are definitely there.

I sai Rogue's costume was the only one that didn't share anything with past uniforms, seeing as it was in such bad taste why would it? Storm has Ororo's wings copied from her original outfit for sure - & unlike the cartoon where it is always portrayed in white - is a reflective black.
Psylocke is just Viper/Lady Hydra in a different coloured costume, Wolverine in a Brown costume. Have we seen that before?

I NEVER said he copied any of the following uniforms. The point that I got from your post was that NO X-MEN uniforms were original & that they were all derived from previous costumes. I was simply listing some costumes that I believe had not been copied from other comic characters like the ones listed
wow you are really stretching now Joy Division, but OK whatever you say, im not gonna spend anymore time discussing this with you as its pretty clear you are rock hard set in your ways and have some unreasonable hate on for Jim Lee for some reason and nothing myself or anyone says will change that, this conversation is turning into off-topic so peace out, enjoy whatever you want to enjoy I dont care what it is
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #252
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I think thats her second best costume, but obviously anything is going to look better when drawn by adam hughes lol but its still got nothing on the Jim Lee outfit, obviously its all personal taste, you like this costume best I like the Jim Lee costume best, but at the end of the day her Jim Lee costume is her most iconic and most recognized costume and there is a reason for that

im not sure what your point is with the other costumes he designed, please explain to me how his storm, archangel, jean grey, rogue, cyclops costumes are anything like their previous costumes except for the fact that rogues costume is green and cyclops is blue.

The other character outfits he "copied" according to you were characters he didnt even redesign, like sunfire, colossus, havok, beast, iceman, he just drew their classic costumes in his style of artwork, so by your logic anyone who draws captain america in his classic costume is "copying" now? if he didnt redesign them then hes just drawing them how they were, thats not copying thats just called being a comic book artist, the costumes he did actually redesign are completely his own
Several of the base cards feature the characters in some of their newer (after 90's) look. Rogue wore that costume with the long coat in one of her solo series comics. Cyclops with the X pattern on his mask is one of his last newer looks. I don't think Joe redesigned any of their costumes.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #253
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
you sexist!
I collect mostly the ladies aside from Gambit and Havok. The same with all my busts and statues too.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #254
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
I apologize I meant to post these last night. But yes, the cards are to thick to be put in pages, they are as thick as some relic/costume cards I've seen so I'd say Rogue is right at about 100pts. I pulled a nice Spider-man sketch that was a recreation of the base card from the 92 series and a Jusko autograph card serial numbered 2/10. There are at least 4 parallel sets in this set so best of luck to all who try to finish them. Either way, the cards are amazing and I'm very happy just to own any of them.

That's a great box breakdown. One of the best I've seen so far. Especially the sketch card.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:33 PM   #255
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Several of the base cards feature the characters in some of their newer (after 90's) look. Rogue wore that costume with the long coat in one of her solo series comics. Cyclops with the X pattern on his mask is one of his last newer looks. I don't think Joe redesigned any of their costumes.
we were talking about Jim Lee redesigning costumes not Joe Jusko, I think we were at least, im pretty sure there was some miscommunication going on there
Old 06-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #256
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
we were talking about Jim Lee redesigning costumes not Joe Jusko, I think we were at least, im pretty sure there was some miscommunication going on there
I would have liked to see a lot of the base cards in the Jim lee costumes. Especially Cyclops'. Almost anything is better than the one with the X pattern on the face.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #257
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I would have liked to see a lot of the base cards in the Jim lee costumes. Especially Cyclops'. Almost anything is better than the one with the X pattern on the face.
agreed, X visor cyclops is really not cool, definitely one of his worst costumes. Jim Lee Cyke is definitely my favorite of all Cyke's costumes
Old 06-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #258
Rogue
Producer

Quote:
agreed, X visor cyclops is really not cool, definitely one of his worst costumes. Jim Lee Cyke is definitely my favorite of all Cyke's costumes
Jim Lee's Jean Grey is still one of my all time favorite looks for her as well.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #259
Brian R.
The Riddler

It is weird though, that Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Namor and several others are in their classic costumes, which they haven't worn in years, while others like Hawkeye, Cyclops, Wasp, Giant-Man and others are sporting their new looks. Don't get me wrong, they're all beautiful, but I wonder what the criteria were for deciding which costume to use. I'm old school all the way, so the classic looks are my favorites. That Vision painting is my fave from the entire set I think.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #260
ALEX23
The Avengers

Thanks Rogue, I am really happy with the box!

Quote:
ALEX23, is there any chance of a close-up pic of the sketch card please?
I will get a scan of it later.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote