Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

2016 - Jerry Macaluso interview by My Collectible World

Hello guys,

Let's start 2016 with an exclusive interview with Jerry Macaluso. I did my best to cover most of the subjects but as he's busy I didn't want to make a long one.

Here is the interview :

My Collectible World :

With the big success of Necalli, can you tell us more about this 1:6 line ? Are you already working on a new character ?

Jerry Macaluso :

We havent done the pre-order yet so Im not sure if it will be a big success BUT I hope so and glad to see you think it will be. We are indeed already working on two more 1:6 scale statues.

My Collectible World :

Have you decided on which lifesize bust you are doing to do ? M.Bison or Shao Kahn ?

Jerry Macaluso :

I have not decided. Sales of the busts arent the greatest so I almost cancelled them, but once Akuma and Skeletor shipped we saw a lot of buzz online from people getting excited about the next one. So we will continue to make them.

My Collectible World :

Talking about busts, what's the future for that kind of collectibles for you ? Will you continue to make them (even the price will be higher) ?

Jerry Macaluso :

See above. Price will be going up. Prices in China are going up and we have no choice but to pass that along.

My Collectible World :

Have you decided which is the next female in the 1:4 Street fighter line ?

Jerry Macaluso :

Yes we have a few females in development right now. Whichever gets finished first will dictate which gets pre-order first. I try not to rush things too much.
I will say we are working on both old and new female characters.

My Collectible World :

Do you have an estimate date when your 1:6 figures will be available (not only the Street Fighter ones) ?

Jerry Macaluso :

The Sons of Anarchy 1:6 are in tooling in China. Once we have final plastic samples we will use them to photograph and start the presale.
I decided to not use prototypes for the presale as since we are new to 1:6 I want customers to see actual final production pieces before pre-ordering.

After SOA, will probably be Street Fighter and Alice Cooper 1:6. Just like SOA, we wont d the pre-order until customers can see final production pics. So thats probably summer.

Running at a similar pace is the The Thing RJ MacReady 1:6.

My Collectible World :

The Kintaro timelapse video was a BIG success ! Will you make more videos in 2016 like you are doing with the work-in-progress pictures ?

Jerry Macaluso :

Yes I will do more videos. People seem to really like them.

My Collectible World :

Do you already know how many MKX and Klassic characters will you announce in 2016 like you did for Street Fighter ?

Jerry Macaluso :

Our focus in 2016 is Klassic with a few MKX thrown in. Currently we have 2 MKX and 6 Klassic planned.

My Collectible World :

Talking about your lines, can you tell us more about the future of the MOTU line ? A new bust in 2016 ?

Jerry Macaluso :

No more MOTU Busts. Skeletor and He-Man are all we are doing as far as busts. We are still working on the plan for MOTU but early in the year expect to see She-Ra.

My Collectible World :

With Conan in the work, we don't see pictures of Shao Kahn anymore. Does that mean he's done and ready for pre-order anytime soon ? Perhaps a clue on what's the Ex ?

Jerry Macaluso :

Shao Kahn is almost done. Just finishing the costume. I expect pre-order very end of January or early February. The Ex will follow the tradition set by other MK ex.

My Collectible World :

Wondercon 2016 is coming and we know that we’ll probaly see the 1:3 Conan and Ryu statues. But are you able to give us more informations about the items we could see there ?

Jerry Macaluso :

We dont have the exact list of what will be shown at Wondercon yet. Yes on Conan and 1:3 Ryu. Probably a MK 1:3 as well. We have some cool 1:6 stuff that will be shown and then an assortment of 1:4 - probably one from each license we have.

My Collectible World :

Talking about 2016, I would like to know your vision of the next year for Pop Culture Shock Collectibles. You are moving into a new warehouse and congratulations ! What are the other PCS projects you want to do / complete ?

Jerry Macaluso :

This year has several focuses. First is to improve the experience a collector has buying from us. We are working on the new website and improving customer service and our shipping department. That was a big part of the reason for moving. We just didnt have enough space where we were to efficiently handle things. Second is to get the Street Fighter 1:6 live. Thats a big line in my eyes and we have taken way too long getting it out there. Third is to acquire some new licenses and fourth is to create some original lines of our own.

Hope you did like it. And thank you Jerry for his time !
Carmelo.

Link of My Collectible World :

https://www.facebook.com/MyCollectibleWorld/

Link for the interviews of 2015 :

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149802
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

Greatness. Definitely sounds like a time of transition for PCS.

Sad Jerry doesn't want to try a Hordak bust.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
BurningRage
Inhumans

I hope M. Bison bust is next. Can't wait to see the SF 1/6 figures.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

2 MKX statues.

Well that sucks.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
2 MKX statues.

Well that sucks.
Yeah Quan Chi didn't exactly bring the hype and people keep talking about Klassics so...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
Jerry Macaluso :

Our focus in 2016 is Klassic with a few MKX thrown in. Currently we have 2 MKX and 6 Klassic planned.

Sweet jesus I am super excited for more Klassic characters. This is FANTASTIC news!
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #7
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

1/3 mk for wonder on... Repeat sub or reptile?
DarkMario616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #8
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Awesome interview man!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Cool interview

I hope one those 2 is Ermac please
Need a MK X Ermac
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:04 PM   #10
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
1/3 mk for wonder on... Repeat sub or reptile?
They did a teaser of the base, which resembled a Reptile theme, so it could be that. If not, then it would be MKX Reptile, but I would much rather have 1:3 Klassic Reptile.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote