Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #161
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I don't collect busts, however I'd totally purchase a Star Brite / Starlight Combo (similar to He-Man Battlecat combo) if one was made. Bonus points for Twink as the Exclusive.

But then, I love Rainbow Brite, so I might not be who you're referring to :P
Exactly.
I'm not saying Rainbow Brite isn't worth liking or that one property is worthy of coveting over another. I'm not the judge of what is cool. I was just saying why buy something you have no love for just because it looks cool when these things are far more specific than just looking cool. Collecting use to be a niche hobby for fanatics. I guess times have changed and its become a hype based system. Atleast that has created a more competitive nature for producers. We definitely are seeing the best stuff created since I started collecting. This Sub-Zero bust is a perfect example of the level of art and craftsmanship this new demand has produced. when you see full collections its easy to find collectors with a true passion for certain properties. It subsequently is very easy to spot the hype collectors. Again I'm not the greatest collector ever to live, so I don't want anyone thinking I'm Ronan the accuser here and all shall be shown 1,000 years of Kree justice. Just trying to understand the new world we live in. I think I do....not fully but more than before.

I actually found a horse head at a store and immediately saw Starlight in it. so I re-painted it to look like Starlight. It's about 1:3 scale. So you're not entirely alone in your fascination or admiration for those characters.
If you're curious I could PM you a message of it just to share.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #162
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Exactly.
I'm not saying Rainbow Brite isn't worth liking or that one property is worthy of coveting over another. I'm not the judge of what is cool. I was just saying why buy something you have no love for just because it looks cool when these things are far more specific than just looking cool. Collecting use to be a niche hobby for fanatics. I guess times have changed and its become a hype based system. Atleast that has created a more competitive nature for producers. We definitely are seeing the best stuff created since I started collecting. This Sub-Zero bust is a perfect example of the level of art and craftsmanship this new demand has produced. when you see full collections its easy to find collectors with a true passion for certain properties. It subsequently is very easy to spot the hype collectors. Again I'm not the greatest collector ever to live, so I don't want anyone thinking I'm Ronan the accuser here and all shall be shown 1,000 years of Kree justice. Just trying to understand the new world we live in. I think I do....not fully but more than before.

I actually found a horse head at a store and immediately saw Starlight in it. so I re-painted it to look like Starlight. It's about 1:3 scale. So you're not entirely alone in your fascination or admiration for those characters.
If you're curious I could PM you a message of it just to share.
Oh I'm curious!

Just to share my pic:

and tulk's, I love seeing Guyver and Akuma together:
Totally excited that PCS's busts will be on the same level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulk View Post
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #163
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Oh I'm curious!

Just to share my pic:

and tulk's, I love seeing Guyver and Akuma together:
Totally excited that PCS's busts will be on the same level.
WoW.
That is a great picture. very nice indeed.
the light up is very well done.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #164
tulk
The Spirit

Akuma bust was my favorite till Guyver bust comes along, looking at the pictures, people would know why, just way too much detail and highly crafted.

I do think both the MKX bust (SZ & S) will be very good, hopefully they can arrive faster than the new ECC Guyver Zoanoid Bust.

On the side note Guyver bust is extremely heavy, Akuma is good weight, whereas Wolverine bust is a joke a probably 1 lb.
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #165
tulk
The Spirit

image url

New video for SZ, this is the screen shot I got, looks so CRAZY!!!!!

I hope PCS will do a MKX SZ 1/3 to go with these badass bust
Old 08-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #166
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

This base comes with a whole lot of extras... extra weight, extra size, and extra costs. Their not justifiable, because the bust looks great on its' own.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #167
tulk
The Spirit

free photo upload

I actually like the base alot, it really make the bust POP,
here is an mock image I did, which clearly show the difference in the presence
Old 08-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #168
The Co11ector
Birdman
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulk View Post
free photo upload

I actually like the base alot, it really make the bust POP,
here is an mock image I did, which clearly show the difference in the presence
I see your point and respect it.

Maybe the base can be optional and not a requirement to display SZ.
The Co11ector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:56 PM   #169
FROBAY
Phoenix

Not too crazy about that base. Hopefully it grows on me as the rest of the bust looks fantastic. Does the base light up?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #170
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Not too crazy about that base. Hopefully it grows on me as the rest of the bust looks fantastic. Does the base light up?
We tried it with light up feature and it looked cheesy to me, plus was going to add a lot of cost because its such a large area to light. So we dismissed that option.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote