Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Uh-oh I might be in trouble with the boss.

Nah man I wasn't arguing against what you know or anything. Just trying to explain with the SHOGUN that it's mainly risk aversion as to why we can't get other characters.

But I do think PCS is a lot more popular now than then. Of course productions costs are more too.
But you have to admit somethings even outsell your expectations.

A Raiden could be gorgeous and to me has bee the face of the franchise MK at least as much as Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

How does Cinemaquette do it with the Guyver?
I'd love for PCS to be able to do some high end stuff like that even if at higher prices.

Still hoping for some lifesize Arnold busts. Chronicle's are great but at 1/2 they're just "more stuff" to me.
Keep in mind just because someone is selling something doesnt mean they are making any money at it.

There are companies owned by people with very deep pockets who are doing it for fun, even if its not very profitable.

Its not that I thought you were arguing, its that I have actual facts to support my perspective. Im probably the only guy on the planet with comprehensive data on high end MK collectibles. So I dont like the term 'Jerry believes' as it implies my perspective is not fact-based, just a 'hunch'.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #12
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Keep in mind just because someone is selling something doesnt mean they are making any money at it.

There are companies owned by people with very deep pockets who are doing it for fun, even if its not very profitable.

Its not that I thought you were arguing, its that I have actual facts to support my perspective. Im probably the only guy on the planet with comprehensive data on high end MK collectibles. So I dont like the term 'Jerry believes' as it implies my perspective is not fact-based, just a 'hunch'.
I thought that when I wrote it and that's why I added the "from sales" part.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #13
BurningRage
Inhumans

A Shao Kahn bust would look great.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #14
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I sold my MK9 Scorp and Subz and they were awesome, i feel how far PCS has come in recent years that these MKX ones should be stunning.

Interested for sure.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Are these really life size busts though? I mean again? I believe it's something else..
Well they are life size and seem to be head accoutrements.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #16
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I'm all 4 PCS growing their company and if these busts will help them do so, I approve.

I LOVE my MK9 busts. The MK9 designs for me are a perfect blend of a modern take of the characters while retaining the old school charm. The MKX designs are nice but for me they Tommy Boy'd feel of the characters. Tommy Boy'd meaning the my pretty pet scene.

I hope these sell incredibly well, but i would be surprised if they matched the orginal sales of the first set. While multiple people posted saying they would buy, I don't expect current owners of the originals to be repeat buyers, as they have had their itch scratched by purchasing the first set. This segment of collectors is the target market and I'm just not sure the demand is there. But I trust your judgement, time will tell.

I'm biased as I proudly own the orginal set, but I would MUCH rather see a 1/5 -1/6 scale verses diorama line of MK statues. I think this line would be much better received than a reboot of the busts.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #17
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well they are life size and seem to be head accoutrements.
Perhaps they're masks?
Old 06-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #18
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Perhaps they're masks?
That would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm all 4 PCS growing their company and if these busts will help them do so, I approve.

I LOVE my MK9 busts. The MK9 designs for me are a perfect blend of a modern take of the characters while retaining the old school charm. The MKX designs are nice but for me they Tommy Boy'd feel of the characters. Tommy Boy'd meaning the my pretty pet scene.

I hope these sell incredibly well, but i would be surprised if they matched the orginal sales of the first set. While multiple people posted saying they would buy, I don't expect current owners of the originals to be repeat buyers, as they have had their itch scratched by purchasing the first set. This segment of collectors is the target market and I'm just not sure the demand is there. But I trust your judgement, time will tell.

I'm biased as I proudly own the orginal set, but I would MUCH rather see a 1/5 -1/6 scale verses diorama line of MK statues. I think this line would be much better received than a reboot of the busts.
I own the MK9 busts and I will definitely get these if they are busts as well. These designs are different enough to warrant these versions and I believe a lot more casual fans have picked up on PCS busts at least as indicated by their Instagram posts.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #19
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd have no problem adding both of these with my other two busts..
Different designs and MKX looks awesome
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:06 AM   #20
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Same here, even I already have the previous, i'd love to get these too !
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote