Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #191
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Offical XM Green Lantern - Rebirth 1/6 Statue Assembly Video -

"Hal Jordan’s life was changed twice by crashing aircraft. The first time was when he witnessed the death of his father, pilot Martin Jordan. The second was when, as an adult and trained pilot himself, he was summoned to the crashed wreckage of a spaceship belonging to an alien named Abin Sur. Abin explained that he was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, an organization of beings from across the cosmos, armed with power rings fueled by the green energy of all willpower in the universe. Upon his death, Abin entrusted his ring and duties as the Green Lantern of Earth’s space sector to Hal Jordan."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:40 PM   #192
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got a notice that Green Lantern is ready to ship, should have mine in a week or so....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:23 AM   #193
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got the quote from XM, they want $450 to ship Green Lantern to California... that's insane for a 1:6 statue... Either XM is doing a horrible job at minimizing their box design and just putting everything in HUGE boxes or they need to find cheaper shipping rates... I figure if I have to sell Green Lantern down the road there is no way I'm recovering the shipping costs, I'm probably better off just cancelling the statue and eating the deposit..

The only consolation is I don't have to pay sales tax ordering directly from XM but if you buy from SpecFiction or BBTS.com you'll save $100-$150, it will just take a few more months to get it since they ship boat vs air...
Old 04-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #194
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, that shipping price is pure insanity!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:36 AM   #195
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

If shipping prices continue to stay high, this hobby is in trouble. I can't see folks paying shipping costs that are equal to or close to the actual statue price.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #196
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Yeah that's just not ok... $450 USD for a 1/6, what in the world is going on with shipping.

I don't have anything ready to ship right now, anything I have on PO won't ship till 2022. I really hope that shipping costs are a little more reasonable going forward and this is just a blip due to covid. That's horrible man, I wonder if you contact XM if they can do anything about that...
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #197
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Yeah that's just not ok... $450 USD for a 1/6, what in the world is going on with shipping.

I don't have anything ready to ship right now, anything I have on PO won't ship till 2022. I really hope that shipping costs are a little more reasonable going forward and this is just a blip due to covid. That's horrible man, I wonder if you contact XM if they can do anything about that...
They said I could arrange for my own carrier to pick it up instead....

I think part of the issue is XM boxes are so huge even for their 1/6 scale statues, when you open the box there is a lot of space between the pieces, they could redesign the boxes to be smaller which would help with shipping costs...

Plus shipping companies have just gotten greedy... with everyone stuck at home gas prices have dropped a lot so they can't use that to justify their price increases...
Old 04-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #198
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

That is just absurd, I thought the DC 1:6 stuff was universal license so there was free/reduced shipping cost? On Specfiction, I bought Flash for $430 with free shipping.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #199
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
That is just absurd, I thought the DC 1:6 stuff was universal license so there was free/reduced shipping cost? On Specfiction, I bought Flash for $430 with free shipping.
He's been shipping those by boat which is a lot cheaper, you just have to wait 4-6 weeks longer to get it... but even Todd has had to raise his prices also due to shipping companies getting greedy but I have a suspicion that XM has started charging there own fee on top of the actual shipping charges, only a guess but it just seems their shipping quote is really high for them not to be doing that... Green Lantern is a bit more expensive to ship then Dark Seid was which was around 3 months ago and Dark Seid was a big 1:6 statue with a big box...

Remember when statues were like $300 and shipping was only like $25... lol....
Old 04-29-2021, 01:40 PM   #200
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
He's been shipping those by boat which is a lot cheaper, you just have to wait 4-6 weeks longer to get it... but even Todd has had to raise his prices also due to shipping companies getting greedy but I have a suspicion that XM has started charging there own fee on top of the actual shipping charges, only a guess but it just seems their shipping quote is really high for them not to be doing that... Green Lantern is a bit more expensive to ship then Dark Seid was which was around 3 months ago and Dark Seid was a big 1:6 statue with a big box...

Remember when statues were like $300 and shipping was only like $25... lol....
Oh so you paid for expedited shipping? How much was it going to cost for the slower method?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote