Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #371
CWalker
The Avengers

What's the story with the little plaques? I would have thought with 230-ish edition size, they would have all come with one.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #372
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My statue came with a piece that clearly was done in a rush. You can see where they just let a blob of paint dry on it. On that same piece you can feel a rough texture where once again the paint was poorly applied.

All my other statues from XM came very well painted from the factory, but I guess this is what happens when your statues are shipping near Chinese New Year. Todd from SpecFiction put in a request for me to see if they will send a replacement piece, but told me XM tends to reject small QC claims such as mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5DE12011-8891-4180-BFC0-44EAF5C07033.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	137837   Click image for larger version

Name:	E8D7B98E-947E-42F7-844F-5F06CC4355A9.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	137838  

Last edited by Walton.Chunky; 03-20-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Editing to adjust for level of problem.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:34 AM   #373
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
My statue came with a piece that clearly was done in a rush. You can see where they just let a blob of paint dry on it...

Todd from SpecFiction put in a request for me to see if they will send a replacement piece, but told me XM tends to reject QC claims.
Reading your first lines, i expected large sloppy s#it.
But.. ? are both pics from same piece of 'wood' ? and it is only one large drop of paint.
Did you have more paint issues at other areas or only this piece 'wood structure' on the base? Bcs that is something I can understand what could happen when painting these in factory (drying on tables and in bins and carts etc).

If it is on head or main (body)parts or there are multiple spots like that on the statue or big sloppy lines with hard brushstrokes visible etc, then it would be bad qc.

But the remark that "XM tends to reject QC claims" I would not be happy with, bcs on their website and facebook they clearly say "Any qc issue will be taken care off, just write our customercare" and "Nobody should feel unhappy with our products".
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #374
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
My statue came with a piece that clearly was done in a rush. You can see where they just let a blob of paint dry on it. On that same piece you can feel a rough texture where once again the paint was poorly applied.

All my other statues from XM came very well painted from the factory, but I guess this is what happens when your statues are shipping near Chinese New Year. Todd from SpecFiction put in a request for me to see if they will send a replacement piece, but told me XM tends to reject QC claims.

Oh boy... While I certainly sympathize with your plight, I highly doubt you would get a replacement for that. It would really need to be gross negligence.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #375
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That’s ridiculous sorry pal . Nothing to get wound up about. As for them neglecting QC that’s a BS statement . They just hooked me up with a piece I needed for Doc Ock . It shipped and delivered two days later from China to Canada . Superb service taking care of the customer
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:34 PM   #376
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:

All my other statues from XM came very well painted from the factory, but I guess this is what happens when your statues are shipping near Chinese New Year. Todd from SpecFiction put in a request for me to see if they will send a replacement piece, but told me XM tends to reject QC claims.
Hi I didn’t say they reject QC claims. I said for something like this I doubt they’ll give a replacement but I’ll try.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #377
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:

Sorry you aren’t completely happy. I don’t see any issue with this paint though. This is exactly what it looks like on XM’s pro photos on that area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8459A665-6F2F-4CEF-9B90-1E8704BC33D2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	137843   Click image for larger version

Name:	B672341D-295D-44BC-8C4C-1FC26A8D0815.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	137844  
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #378
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’m sorry I misinterpreted what you said Todd. I have nothing but positive things to say about you Todd or your store SpecFiction. I will say that this piece definitely didn’t have that paint defect in the Prototype.

You guys are right that it is a small paint defect, but I expect a certain level of craftsmanship from XM and this piece in particular doesn’t live up to that expectation. I’m just venting my frustration, sorry if you feel differently.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #379
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
You guys are right that it is a small paint defect, but I expect a certain level of craftsmanship from XM and this piece in particular doesn’t live up to that expectation. I’m just venting my frustration, sorry if you feel differently.
You don't have to apologize to us. You are looking at the real piece, we only see the small picture and hard to see the defect on it.

But like i wrote before, small paint problem with debri parts on a base is mostly not a big issue. Small paintchip is considered qc issue.
Anyhow goodluck with GG !
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:39 AM   #380
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by 鄭偉銘

"Unboxing of Green Goblin. One of the finest pieces i had in my collection.", 鄭偉銘.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote