Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 02-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #211
FJC
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
He’s also a very gracious guy. I think I may have said this before but he signed the bulk of my collection with many sketches over the course of visiting him at 2 different cons. He literally dealt with myself and my wife on one occasion and my buddy and his son on another occasion dragging in piece after piece and he signed them all. I was blown away! I never get tired of looking at my Bowen wall of statues. I love the 1/4 scale pieces too but Bowen started it all for me!!
I would sell off my entire 1/4 Marvel collection before I even think about touching my Bowen collection. Besides the fact that my Bowen pieces look amazing, Randy also did a fantastic job of digging DEEP into Marvel's characters. There's no Marvel character I want for my collection that Randy hasn't already released. It allows me to complete my lineups. I've got many holes in my 1/4 Marvel lineups that may never be complete.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #212
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I would sell off my entire 1/4 Marvel collection before I even think about touching my Bowen collection. Besides the fact that my Bowen pieces look amazing, Randy also did a fantastic job of digging DEEP into Marvel's characters. There's no Marvel character I want for my collection that Randy hasn't already released. It allows me to complete my lineups. I've got many holes in my 1/4 Marvel lineups that may never be complete.
Youíre lucky. Iíve got an extensive Bowen collection and there still are a few where it feels incomplete. Such as Werewolf by Night to go with my Marvel Marvel Monsters FS shelf, Classic Blade just to go with Dracula. Iíd settle for a Sif and Baldar busts (rather than FS) to go along side Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Thor(s), Hercules and Warriors Three on my Asgardians busts shelf.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:24 PM   #213
FJC
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Youíre lucky. Iíve got an extensive Bowen collection and there still are a few where it feels incomplete. Such as Werewolf by Night to go with my Marvel Marvel Monsters FS shelf, Classic Blade just to go with Dracula. Iíd settle for a Sif and Baldar busts (rather than FS) to go along side Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Thor(s), Hercules and Warriors Three on my Asgardians busts shelf.
Yeah, I have a Bowen FS Avengers, X-MEN, Spidey, and cosmic lineup. I need Scarlet Witch to complete my Avengers FS lineup and have 3 choices. I also need Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman to complete my FF lineup. My problem is I'm not all that crazy about my FF choices. The OG Reed and Sue don't appeal to me at all. I'll end up having to buy the FF FS 3pk and use just the Reed and Sue statues. They look solid to me but they still look a bit dated to me.

Hopefully, Randy restarts his business and releases the characters that you and others need. There's still plenty of characters Randy can give us.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #214
MKS
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

He had a MB set of the modern Guardians of The Galaxy to compliment the Groot MB that I hope eventually gets produced!
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote