Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Skorpius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Chicago Comicon 2010 commissions

Alright, I was able to acquire 3 commissions when I attended the show this weekend.

First one is by Franchesco again. The guy is awesome. When I initially asked him to draw Motoko Kusanagi from the Ghost in the Shell series, he had no clue who she was. Again, I was not mad or anything that he didn't know who she was, most people don't watch anime or read manga. But I loved his style and wanted to see how she would turn out.

This next one is by Javier Avila. Real cool guy. Asked him to draw the Witchblade for me. He had not drawn her before so this was his first attempt. I'd say he did a fine job.

The 3rd commission is from President Nelson (yep that's his real name). Another cool guy. When I came up to him, I did not have a real idea of who I would ask him to draw. He asked me whom I thought about and I told him either the Witchblade or Dejah Thoris. He said he would do both and I told him yes, please do. Dejah is topless so pic is censored.

I had to put this in, I was able to meet Joe Madureira. Got him to sign 2 books and bought a print he was selling. HOT!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Congrats!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
abarron
Batman

All great looking pieces