Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Go Ass! Yeah, he keeps himself pretty busy.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
GregorS
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just sent Eric an e-mail and he advised me to contact his art dealer Michael Alexandropoulos at moregreatart.com. Anybody have any experience with them?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
GregorS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
I shot Eric an email about 6 months ago about getting on his list, he said I was on, but I think the wait times are pretty long right now. Anytime I've emailed him about conventions, commissions, etc, he's been very quick at getting back to me. I'd say to drop him a line, it definitely won't hurt.
Did you have to make any sort of down or full payment to get on the list?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
I shot Eric an email about 6 months ago about getting on his list, he said I was on, but I think the wait times are pretty long right now. Anytime I've emailed him about conventions, commissions, etc, he's been very quick at getting back to me. I'd say to drop him a line, it definitely won't hurt.
I have been on the list for close to 2 years, every few months I'll check, sometimes I'll get a response and sometimes not. Granted, I didn't put any money down (used to be he didn't take payment until eh was ready to start the piece), but every few months his price would increase, so even if you were on the list, your price would increase. Love the guys work, helluva good guy, too, but I am in the same boat as you. When I got on the list, the price was 350-400, now I believe it is 600 or something like that.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorS View Post
Just sent Eric an e-mail and he advised me to contact his art dealer Michael Alexandropoulos at moregreatart.com. Anybody have any experience with them?
I have dealt with him for some Clay Mann pieces and all my experiences have been good. And I didn't have to put any payment down either to get on EBas's list
Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

I think the best option to get a piece from him is to find out if he's coming to a convention you'll be going to. If it's so, try asking him if he can do the piece so you pick it up there. That way he can set himself a deadline with some reasonable advance :-)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
Titan1977
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandil View Post
I think the best option to get a piece from him is to find out if he's coming to a convention you'll be going to. If it's so, try asking him if he can do the piece so you pick it up there. That way he can set himself a deadline with some reasonable advance :-)
I tried that as well...twice, for 2 different shows..LOL.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
GregorS

Heh, reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Ringo Starr finally gets around to writing back Marge Simpson, decades after she sent the fan mail to him.

I'd imagine receiving a commission piece from Ebas long after the request would be like a shot of adrenaline to the heart, compelling one to pursue that dream career they've been putting aside due to lack of inspiration
Old 03-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1977 View Post
I have been on the list for close to 2 years, every few months I'll check, sometimes I'll get a response and sometimes not. Granted, I didn't put any money down (used to be he didn't take payment until eh was ready to start the piece), but every few months his price would increase, so even if you were on the list, your price would increase. Love the guys work, helluva good guy, too, but I am in the same boat as you. When I got on the list, the price was 350-400, now I believe it is 600 or something like that.

If I got on a list when the price was $350 and was then asked to pay $600 when my turn came up, I'd probably pass.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If I got on a list when the price was $350 and was then asked to pay $600 when my turn came up, I'd probably pass.
i agree to a point, if you really want it then sometimes you have to bite the bullet. his art is great, he used to do quick sketches back then but the last few years he charges for them.