Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #41
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I am a huge MJ fan - started watching him at UNC and watched most of his playoff games. He's the GOAT, plain and simple. I am also a LeBron fan and it drives me nuts how much hate he gets because some compare him to MJ.

This made me laugh today:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...e-tattooed-leg
It's a natural comparison Jade. Both are incredibly gifted athletes and sometimes LeBron brings it on himself when he makes comments like he's "chasing the ghost". He openly admits it's MJ he's trying to run down. I personally don't have an issue with it because I believe he means it respectfully. It's obvious how much MJ impacted LeBron by the respect LeBron gives MJ. He not only wears number 23 himself, but even suggested that every team in the League should retire the number 23 in honor of MJ. That all speaks for itself. However, LeBron for whatever reason, will never receive the adulation from the fans the way MJ does. That burns LeBron fans and in turn they make ridiculous statements and that rile up MJ fans. You are a rare bird Jade, in so much that you are a fan of both players. That's the exception to the rule. Most of us are either team MJ or team LeBron.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #42
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Reading your past few posts you probably watched MJ when he was Wizard. Which was still a treat.
Something else you're wrong about.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 PM   #43
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have a hot tub time machine. Someone nap Lebron and we'll take him back to the '90s. Settle this ----.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Unfortunately, there is no challenger to the Warriors in the West and there is no challenger to the Cavs in the East. That's just the way the League is nowadays. Why else do you think both teams lost a combined one game in the playoffs on the way to the Finals? There is no competition. Unless there is an injury or a significant player moving on to another team, we can all expect round 4 between the Cavs and Warriors. That's my biggest issue with the League today.
I wouldn't go that far...I'm not sold on the idea that GS would've beaten SA had Leonard not gone down. Possible, but not a foregone conclusion. Point taken, though...it's a GS/Cavs league for the most part. I honestly don't mind it...I don't have a team to root for anymore now that the Sonics are gone. If two teams happen to dominate for a few years, I think that makes things a little more interesting from a historical perspective.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #44
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's a natural comparison Jade. Both are incredibly gifted athletes and sometimes LeBron brings it on himself when he makes comments like he's "chasing the ghost". He openly admits it's MJ he's trying to run down. I personally don't have an issue with it because I believe he means it respectfully. It's obvious how much MJ impacted LeBron by the respect LeBron gives MJ. He not only wears number 23 himself, but even suggested that every team in the League should retire the number 23 in honor of MJ. That all speaks for itself. However, LeBron for whatever reason, will never receive the adulation from the fans the way MJ does. That burns LeBron fans and in turn they make ridiculous statements and that rile up MJ fans. You are a rare bird Jade, in so much that you are a fan of both players. That's the exception to the rule. Most of us are either team MJ or team LeBron.
I am an unabashed NBA fan. My team is Philly so I don't have a dog in the MJ/LeBron race. I don't mind comparison at all, in fact I actually enjoy a good conversation. Comments like chasing the ghost is totally a respect play from LeBron - I can't see how it would rile up the MJ fans but I really think any player mentioned as a possible heir to MJ's throne will get thrown under the bus.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #45
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I have a hot tub time machine. Someone nap Lebron and we'll take him back to the '90s. Settle this ----.

I wouldn't go that far...I'm not sold on the idea that GS would've beaten SA had Leonard not gone down. Possible, but not a foregone conclusion. Point taken, though...it's a GS/Cavs league for the most part. I honestly don't mind it...I don't have a team to root for anymore now that the Sonics are gone. If two teams happen to dominate for a few years, I think that makes things a little more interesting from a historical perspective.
Let's not forget what Thibs is building on up in Minnesota. These fluffy high offense teams are going to have a hard time against any team that plays actual defense.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #46
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, the Timberwolves should be interesting to watch next year.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #47
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I am a huge MJ fan - started watching him at UNC and watched most of his playoff games. He's the GOAT, plain and simple. I am also a LeBron fan and it drives me nuts how much hate he gets because some compare him to MJ.

This made me laugh today:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...e-tattooed-leg
Great post! I don't think most Lebron fans put him above MJ, but a lot of MJ fans get upset even if you put him anywhere close lol. I don't know if it's good or bad really that the Warriors and Cavs will probably meet again for the Finals for at least a year(or more), I just know it didn't hurt in the 80s when it was all Celtics and Lakers.

And I don't think MJ ever beat a stacked of a team as the Warriors that won this year.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #48
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Watching that Boston/LA 30 for 30 made me miss the old school style of the NBA.
Same here. I grew up on that stuff. Those Bulls Vs Knicks series every year was awesome. Looked like the WWE. lol If a prime Jordan were around with these current rules he'd average 50+ every season. Easy too. That's what separates Jordan from everyone. You can drop him in any era and he'd still dominate. He was a freak athlete and his will to win is super human. Lebron is also a freak specimen and is an easy top 10 player but IMHO he's not on Jordan & Kobe's level. I mean Lebron is good but Jordan is the goodest.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #49
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Great post! I don't think most Lebron fans put him above MJ, but a lot of MJ fans get upset even if you put him anywhere close lol. I don't know if it's good or bad really that the Warriors and Cavs will probably meet again for the Finals for at least a year(or more), I just know it didn't hurt in the 80s when it was all Celtics and Lakers.

And I don't think MJ ever beat a stacked of a team as the Warriors that won this year.
I think the Warriors are waaaay overrated. Whatever they accomplish is against today's NBA. Who are they playing? What incredible teams do they have to overcome? Today's League is a 2 team race. You don't need a regular season or a post season. Just start the Finals in June and have the Cavs and the Warriors play each other. It's become a joke. Do you really think both teams combined for one playoff loss before the Finals because they are great? I think it was because the level of competition sucked ass and that's not changing anytime soon.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #50
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I think the Warriors are waaaay overrated. Whatever they accomplish is against today's NBA. Who are they playing? What incredible teams do they have to overcome? Today's League is a 2 team race. You don't need a regular season or a post season. Just start the Finals in June and have the Cavs and the Warriors play each other. It's become a joke. Do you really think both teams combined for one playoff loss before the Finals because they are great? I think it was because the level of competition sucked ass and that's not changing anytime soon.
Agreed mostly. I firmly believe if Leonard didn't get hurt, we would of had a great Western final. Right now it should be slimmed down to the top 4 teams of each conference. Or the best 8 teams. So many teams barely above .500 or under make the playoffs (East) over the years. I know the NBA likes the $ tho and of course they should. It really drags.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote