Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #353
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Isn't that just the old trailer?
With the announcement the final trailer drops during halftime of the NFL Monday Night Football game.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #354
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Yeah, sorry it's the old trailer. It came with an announcement to my screen that it's the final trailer... And i honestly couldn't tell the difference only watching the trailer once. I didn't see the original and prequel trilogy moments, so i thought this is a new trailer.... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #355
off
The X-Men

Cant be any worse than TLJ!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #356
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
JJ Abrams is a much better director then Rian Johnson is so odds are it's better then TLJ. Still I'm not a big fan of the overall story. This trilogy is basically Kennedy's version of Star Wars. If you don't do what she wants she fires you.

Just look at how many Directors she has fired during the making of the various Star Wars movies. It's has to be a record.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #357
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post

I agree, but that is an exceptionally low bar to aim for. Might be wiser to compare this to TFA which was alright. Anything better than alright and we're winning. I am at least looking forward to hopefully seeing Kylo's development, he is an interesting character imo.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #358
built2shred
Phoenix

For me personally Kylo Ren has been the biggest disappointment as a villain. Lots of whiney crying emo moments with this guy.

One of the biggest problems with this trilogy is that there really is no bad guy in it, at least not like Vader was.

At least in the prequels the story arc was pretty good and you had some pretty good bad guys with Darth Maul and the Emperor, it was just some of the dialog and acting was rather bad. With this new trilogy the story started out ok but with TLJ it went down hill really fast. Hopefully JJ has written something that can turn the series around but it might be to late.

Rian Johnson/Kennedy pissed off about half the fans and Star Wars is not as popular overseas, It will be interesting to see if it passes a billion in revenue, anything short of that and I doubt Disney will be happy.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:22 AM   #359
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
For me personally Kylo Ren has been the biggest disappointment as a villain. Lots of whiney crying emo moments with this guy.

One of the biggest problems with this trilogy is that there really is no bad guy in it, at least not like Vader was.

At least in the prequels the story arc was pretty good it was just some of the dialog and acting was rather bad. With this new trilogy the story started out ok but with TLJ it went down hill really fast. Hopefully JJ has written something that can turn the series around but it might be to late.

Rian Johnson/Kennedy pissed off about half the fans and Star Wars is not as popular overseas, It will be interesting to see if it passes a billion in revenue, anything short of that and I doubt Disney will be happy.
Well said, Kylo should just keep the mask on..Kennedy did an awful job with Star Wars. TFA didnt have one damn scene with the original cast together. That’s what we the fans and world had wanted for decades. Finally an opp and nothing...then TLJ makes it worse by destroying Luke. I cringed when he tossed his lightsaber and then milked that creature. What the hell was that...TLJ was a story of a ship running out of gas...and Rose. Lol. So bad.

SMH
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:42 AM   #360
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Well said, Kylo should just keep the mask on..Kennedy did an awful job with Star Wars. TFA didnt have one damn scene with the original cast together. That’s what we the fans and world had wanted for decades. Finally an opp and nothing...then TLJ makes it worse by destroying Luke. I cringed when he tossed his lightsaber and then milked that creature. What the hell was that...TLJ was a story of a ship running out of gas...and Rose. Lol. So bad.

SMH
I don't think Kennedy wanted the original cast together again because it would of overshadow her agenda of putting all the attention on the Female protagonist, Kennedy wanted it to be all about female power. We saw a lot of this in TLJ...

IMO this last trilogy should of been all about Luke, Han and Leia and giving them a proper send off and ending the Skywalker story that George started so many years ago... That's what George originally had intended with his notes when he sketch out the overall story arc...

Why would you hand off the series to Rey and friends when the story is not going to continue after this Trilogy.