Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Mike Hill

Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #61
garou_terry
Blue Falcon

Mike Hill. You have my utmost admiration. You have captured the late Mr. Reeve just beautifully. Kudos. Bravo. Whatever adjectives, man, that is just out of this world. In.cre.di.ble.
garou_terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #62
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The finishing work on this is exceptional Mike and your work has come on a LONG way since the first version.

Look forward to seeing the finished, full body pics! (It's Wednesday now by the way - I've been checking the thread every few hours since Monday!!! LOL).

Did you get the accurate boots from Action Costumes too? They totally nailed the boots on our last attempt at them (thanks to close-up examination of the original boots owned by Propstore of London. (The accurate boots are a bit pricey but well worth it because they finish the costume off nicely).

Chris
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #63
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This is so good, I don't know what to say
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #64
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yes, finally after all these years, accurate boots. Action does amazing work! Well worth the cost.
heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #65
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman View Post
Yes, finally after all these years, accurate boots. Action does amazing work! Well worth the cost.
Only worth it if you have a figure like this to put them on. I would never be caught wearing boots like that.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #66
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Only worth it if you have a figure like this to put them on. I would never be caught wearing boots like that.
HA Ha ! Too true. I tried one on..it goes up to me knee!! Looks worse than you can imagine!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #67
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

YOu know Ive been looking at the pic. And it does look older than my piece in person.

I had a photog friend of mine come over and shoot some pics.One was Werewolf of London and the other Boris Karloff(I'll post pics later)..Reeve wasnt finished so he wasnt on the list. At the end (2AM) we took 4 shots of Reeve just because. Thats why it has harsh lighting and a black background..wasnt meant for him. Thats why it has harsh shadows around the nose and under the eye/smile folds. It works against the piece.So i'll post a pic of him in normal light to show the difference.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #68
Vader
Ghost

It's perfect Mike. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #69
saul62
Painter
Painter

Holy smokes!!!!!
Let me kiss some ass here.....BRAVO my friend, a stunning work of art.
Looks fantastic Mike. I've known you for many years now and still, till today your work always knocks me off my chair! Thanks for sharing it with us Mike!

Saul
Old 05-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #70
thx217
Ultimates

Amazing work as always! Really enjoyed your panel at the Monsterpalooza, it was fun to know the making of the giant Franken head, and no, no breakdancing~~
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote