Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #491
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I agree with this. He is not my cup of tea. I hope they revisit him.
Same here. I have no love for the XM HULK. There's a reason why these are selling for $550 and still available after all this time. With such a low ES on a popular character, these should be long gone.

I'm also really hoping that XM revisits the character down the line. I still need a 1/4 HULK for my collection and I haven't seen one I like by any company yet.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #492
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

they are doing a transformation hulk,, but to be honest , i wish it was the planet hulk interpretation of the character which i like better , was made as a normal hulk
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #493
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
they are doing a transformation hulk,, but to be honest , i wish it was the planet hulk interpretation of the character which i like better , was made as a normal hulk
Are you aware they are doing a Planet Hulk/King Hulk?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #494
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Are you aware they are doing a Planet Hulk/King Hulk?
was talking about that only, i like how they have portrait the hulk there, just dont need a planet hulk though
Old 11-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #495
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I agree, they need a redo on this one. I tried so hard to like this one. Tried so hard to let it grow on me, but I couldn't and it didn't. It's not just the faces that don't do it for me either...it's the white shirt too. I still can't believe no one attempted a custom head sculpt, but I guess I can see why as no known sculptor wanted this in their collection. The're doing all these Iron Man pieces to include a Hulkbuster, and they've even made another Cap, but how in the hell can they not revisit the Hulk? They're well aware most collectors never liked this one to begin with. It almost makes me feel as if they're being stubborn about it. "People blasting our classic Hulk? Well ---- 'em. Won't get another one for a while. Lets see how they like that."
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #496
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

they are doing 2 variants though, hulk transformation and Planet/King Hulk..
Old 11-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #497
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Hulk is my least favorite of the XM statues but I don't want them to do another one anytime soon lol
Hulk is massive and looks way better in person. I don't own him but seen him. It's true pf size and not small like the SS pf. If you put xm hulk next to the SS pf hulks. The scale will be so much nicer for this character. But I must say the new protos of the xm hulk is miles better sculpted than the first one. Xm is really doing so good on all these make characters. The female portraits are still the part they need to be more consistent.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:22 AM   #498
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I agree, they need a redo on this one. I tried so hard to like this one. Tried so hard to let it grow on me, but I couldn't and it didn't. It's not just the faces that don't do it for me either...it's the white shirt too. I still can't believe no one attempted a custom head sculpt, but I guess I can see why as no known sculptor wanted this in their collection. The're doing all these Iron Man pieces to include a Hulkbuster, and they've even made another Cap, but how in the hell can they not revisit the Hulk? They're well aware most collectors never liked this one to begin with. It almost makes me feel as if they're being stubborn about it. "People blasting our classic Hulk? Well ---- 'em. Won't get another one for a while. Lets see how they like that."
From what I have heard the reason this hasn't had a custom done for it yet is because apparently the neck keys were changed at one or two points during production to the point that during the QC for the statue each head had to be taken out and checked that it fit in the statue it was shipped out with. So in order to make a custom you would need to know what head key you were working with. Trust me I have a Hulk head that would fit this bad boy, but I can't figure out the key issue. Better to do a completely new Hulk. Hell between this and the SSC PF they were the whole reason I was inspired to pick up sculpting in the first place. Sometimes you gotta see if you can do it yourself, and I like how mine is turning out ...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
they are doing 2 variants though, hulk transformation and Planet/King Hulk..
The transformation piece could be amazing, but it isn't blowing up the boards it lacks something.... and the opera pose isn't helping

As for Planet/King Hulk... well that is a total BEAST... amazing and Troy is killing it. It could be the best Hulk sculpt out there, BUT it isn't a classic or even modern purple pants Hulk, and the fans really wanted to see an amazing piece like that from XM.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #499
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Well, they already got one with the current XM Hulk.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #500
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Well, they already got one with the current XM Hulk.
Well for an XM piece to still be available at or below retail 2 years after it was released it is obvious that most disagree. however I am glad you love it
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote