Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #331
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you really think about it, what did The Last Jedi accomplish story wise? other then Luke dies doing some sort of kamikaze force trick... Oh and Leia can fly through space... The End....

That movie was a steaming pile.

Steaming.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #332
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

My guess is “dark” Rey is her clone sister, one of the Knights of Ren. All of the Knights are genetic experiments as potential hosts for the emperor’s spirit.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #333
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
If Rey was a clone it could explain how she went from knowing nothing about the force to being an expert with a flick of the switch... The knowledge of the force could of been programmed into her.... I think that JJ Abrams from the beginning wanted to have some sort of plot twist in the trilogy and set it up that way but Rian Johnson decided to do his own thing and pretty much ignore everything JJ did in the first movie..

If you really think about it, what did The Last Jedi accomplish story wise? other then Luke dies doing some sort of kamikaze force trick... Oh and Leia can fly through space... The End....

It passed the fight onto the new generation. Luke's entire exposition in The Last Jedi is about how it's not about him and his generation anymore. It was the last swan song of the old guard and until Luke's final act you could never truly say that, because we'd always expect it to come back to him.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #334
off
The X-Men

TLJ made Luke into a child killing, crazed, homeless man.

So there's that.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #335
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

TLJ should be forgotten, besides the Yoda scene. Terrible movie...
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #336
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
TLJ made Luke into a child killing, crazed, homeless man.

So there's that.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #337
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I really liked the shot in the trailer of the resistance ships together, it was really cool seeing B-wings, A-wings, Corellian Corvettes again, looks like an epic space battle to come
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #338
qz33
Doctor Doom

Not reading any of this thread but had to rant that Lucasfilm has spoiled 2 great aspects of this movie and the final trailer isn't even out yet.

They had Ian McDiarmid under wraps and the Emperor would have been a great twist when watching. Then, though it was easily suspected, this stupid Dark Rey, and even worse as a wannabe Maul.

As someone that never watches SW trailers I have not been able to escape these spoilers.
These are reveals that belong in the theater at viewing time not months before.

What if Empire trailers had the shot of Vader asking Luke that "Obi-Wan never told you about your father..."?

While technically not a complete spoiler it's close enough that it gets everyone's minds heading in that direction especially with modern audiences.

Movie makers need to have a little faith in their movies being enough to get people to go see. Can't imagine they have much else up their sleeves past everyone just watching it all play out as expected.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 AM   #339
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It passed the fight onto the new generation. Luke's entire exposition in The Last Jedi is about how it's not about him and his generation anymore. It was the last swan song of the old guard and until Luke's final act you could never truly say that, because we'd always expect it to come back to him.
All I saw was Rian Johnson trying to turn the movie into a joke feast and trying to do the opposite of what people expected even if it made no sense.... Just so he could say "Oh I bet you didn't see that coming" he even admitted to this in interviews. He said his motto is if half the peopled hated it and half the people liked it then he did his job.... Yeah that's the benchmark to reach for... how about trying to make a move where most people loved it, that might be a better goal... Johnson is a hack of a director and I hope his next movie bombs hardcore so Disney drops his trilogy deal.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #340
off
The X-Men

Quote:
All I saw was Rian Johnson trying to turn the movie into a joke feast and trying to do the opposite of what people expected even if it made no sense.... Just so he could say "Oh I bet you didn't see that coming" he even admitted to this in interviews. He said his motto is if half the peopled hated it and half the people liked it then he did his job.... Yeah that's the benchmark to reach for... how about trying to make a move where most people loved it, that might be a better goal... Johnson is a hack of a director and I hope his next movie bombs hardcore so Disney drops his trilogy deal.

YES. A million times, YES!