Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #31
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Opinions will always vary. You should just celebrate the fact that you can see one of the greatest to ever play in person right now! I am lucky enough to have seen both Jordan & LeBron play, in person. The next superstar may not come around right away.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #32
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaster1 View Post
Opinions will always vary. You should just celebrate the fact that you can see one of the greatest to ever play in person right now! I am lucky enough to have seen both Jordan & LeBron play, in person. The next superstar may not come around right away.
I'm from Chicago. I've seen EVERY playoff game MJ has ever played. I've also seen him play live on a handful of occasions. There's a reason MJ is revered by so many and LeBron is not. There's a reason people pay $274K for an Olympic MJ jersey and $190K for a pair of his Finals shoes. I've also watched LeBron play. Let's just say, I'm not his biggest fan. Although, I will admit he's the best in the game right now. Given the level of competition and the players in today's game, that doesn't say much to me personally. Are you ready for Cavs vs Warriors 4? Because that's more than likely what we are going to get. Today's League is a joke.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #33
Primal
Batman

I loved Jordan back in the day and he really is the GOAT in my opinion, but maybe a big reason Jordan was undefeated in the post-season was because he had Pippen on his team. Pippen alone was amazing and a franchise player, but then you have him & Jordan on the same team?? Fuggedaboutit. No team could overcome that.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #34
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I loved Jordan back in the day and he really is the GOAT in my opinion, but maybe a big reason Jordan was undefeated in the post-season was because he had Pippen on his team. Pippen alone was amazing and a franchise player, but then you have him & Jordan on the same team?? Fuggedaboutit. No team could overcome that.
This is a great point. I don't think it can be argued that the Bulls during this era were the best team in the NBA. Going on memory, I feel like the Bulls were favored in most of the finals they won (maybe except the first one against the end of the Show Time era). LeBron's teams have been dogs against the teams they faced far more often than being favored. LeBron has also done a better job of getting these teams to the finals even if they ended up losing several times.

I still have MJ as the GOAT personally and I don't hear many saying that LeBron is better YET ... but he isn't retired yet either. I know it is fun watching it play out.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #35
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Took him over 30 more games to do it.
Yeah. Guy has a red carpet to the finals almost every year. Of course he's going to smash every finals record with all those opportunities. There are rarely any eastern threats these days - Boston's Big 3 the last ones? Much weaker conference than when Mike played.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #36
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'm from Chicago. I've seen EVERY playoff game MJ has ever played. I've also seen him play live on a handful of occasions. There's a reason MJ is revered by so many and LeBron is not. There's a reason people pay $274K for an Olympic MJ jersey and $190K for a pair of his Finals shoes. I've also watched LeBron play. Let's just say, I'm not his biggest fan. Although, I will admit he's the best in the game right now. Given the level of competition and the players in today's game, that doesn't say much to me personally. Are you ready for Cavs vs Warriors 4? Because that's more than likely what we are going to get. Today's League is a joke.
I'm hoping D'Antoni doesn't screw it up next year like he did this post season (7 man rotation). Rockets are the only team that can challenge GS offensively. Otherwise, yeah GS/CAVs again.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #37
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Reading your past few posts you probably watched MJ when he was Wizard. Which was still a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Agreed. His shoes still outsell current stars. Just bought some, scared to wear em. Too nice. Todays game is less physical and competitiveness is iffy til the playoffs. When u can predict the finals like this year, it makes it less intriguing. A healthy Spurs could of held their own with GS.

Quote:
Every great championship team has a 1-2 punch, even 3. Russell/cousy, Wilt/West/Baylor, Magic/Jabbar/Worthy, Bird/DJ/McHale, Thomas/Dumars, Jordan/Pippen, Clyde/Haukeem, Duncan/Parker/Gin, Shaq/Kobe and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Yeah. Guy has a red carpet to the finals almost every year. Of course he's going to smash every finals record with all those opportunities. There are rarely any eastern threats these days - Boston's Big 3 the last ones? Much weaker conference than when Mike played.
Gomur my friend. The east is complete garbage, agreed 100%. Boston's big 3 went on to beat Kobe that year too.

Quote:
I'm hoping D'Antoni doesn't screw it up next year like he did this post season (7 man rotation). Rockets are the only team that can challenge GS offensively. Otherwise, yeah GS/CAVs again.
Uggghhh.....Spurs. if they stay healthy. The rockets haha. Offense u say, not even close. Harden doesn't know the other part of the game, it's called defense. Yr boy D'Antoni couldn't win it all in pheonix with Nash in his prime.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:45 AM   #38
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Every championship team is comprised of stars. Pip was an AWESOME player. That said, there were times early in his career when he would disappear in big moments. Migraine headaches against the Pistons in the playoffs, getting pushed around and intimidated by players like Xavier McDaniel in the playoffs. Then later in his career, a bad back against the Jazz in the Finals, and let's not forget his famous 1.8 second tantrum against the Knicks in the playoffs or the 4 quarter melt down against the Lakers in game 7 of the WCF when he was with Portland.

MJ carried the Bulls on his back. His drive and competitiveness is legendary and his legacy is complete. He definitely needed all of his teammates to achieve his success (which is the case with every great player). However, MJ was the driving force on the Bulls. He carried the team when other teammates would sometimes disappear in big moments. MJ was clutch and knew how to close out games. His Finals record speaks for itself.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:05 AM   #39
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no challenger to the Warriors in the West and there is no challenger to the Cavs in the East. That's just the way the League is nowadays. Why else do you think both teams lost a combined one game in the playoffs on the way to the Finals? There is no competition. Unless there is an injury or a significant player moving on to another team, we can all expect round 4 between the Cavs and Warriors. That's my biggest issue with the League today.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #40
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I am a huge MJ fan - started watching him at UNC and watched most of his playoff games. He's the GOAT, plain and simple. I am also a LeBron fan and it drives me nuts how much hate he gets because some compare him to MJ.

This made me laugh today:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...e-tattooed-leg

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote