Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #51
de-compositions
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

My moto is that everything has a value ,and everyones value of certain items differ, so everything is only worth what each individual is willing to pay for it.Some questions you can ask yourself are..... How bad do I really want this ? i.e. do you need this to complete a collection or things like that) Can I afford it ????? (dont put yourself or your family out,this includes pets you have ) Will I be able to proudly display the piece????? (do you have the room to set it up where you can enjoy it and admire it ) just a few questions to ask yourself when spending that kind of doe on a colletable.
de-compositions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #52
sandoverde
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The thing I wonder most about is when eventually more and more of the electronics start breaking, what will the statue be worth then. Will it still be worth more because it ONCE lit up, or will it be less because it is "broken".

I'm wondering if maybe it would be wise to sell the exclusive while its super hot and just buy a regular.
sandoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #53
Tao
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

To me, it is exactly what I wanted when I started collecting statues with the Sentinel Series from Marvel, with Gamit by Clay Moore and Wolverine by Randy Bowen. This series, to me, is like the final chapter in a long and expensive story. ;-)

So don't pay more than what you feel you are comfortable blowing on entertainment or art.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #54
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anespian View Post
Just the other day, i was reading about inflation rates & how a $$$ value worth of stuff today is only halved in 10 years down the road. And here we are spending insane amount on some statues which value escalates several times within a span of 2 years. Phew!

I'm sure the cost of these 'made in China' statues are just a fraction of the retail cost, largely due to the exchange rate. Those who are 'passionate' in this hobby can only justify what price he is willing to pay.
It is said that something is only worth what someone is willing to buy it for. If you were in the desert and dying of thirst what is more valueable, and bag of gold or a cooler of water? Our hobby is only valable to the fans no one else.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote