Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 AM   #1021
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Does anybody like ken statue? If no why?
And did anybody try to take his shirt off and display it ? If yes can we have some pictures ? Thx
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #1022
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Overall I like it. I just don't like the face.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #1023
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Quite possibly a diamond mine bro,gold is selling at what 1200 a pound.And Shin Akuma sold once this year for 1800.Golds got nothing on this piece,and the surprising thing is owners are not budging,even when its selling at 8 times the original value.Its become a Picasso of sort
What does budging mean? Can’t find it in my dictionary

When I got my Shins I thought omg they are so expansive!! (they were around 1200 USD already at that time), never thought they would still go up in value! I only got them for an arm and a leg of my boyfriend because I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted them because it’s imo the nicest statue ever made! Ricky I guess you are now in the same dilemma as I was some month ago, I even contacted Jerry to sell one of his AP’s in my panic not being able to get one. He did not want to sell, but he helped me with an email address of one of his employees that had an AP. That was very cool from Jerry and I never will forget that!! You cannot imagine how I felt, so in the end my boyfriend bought them for me and I will love him forever for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think that the hype is a bit high at the moment and the Shin’s will settle at 1000-1200 USD in the end, but if you need something so bad I can understand Ricky completely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois_nor View Post
And did anybody try to take his shirt off and display it ? If yes can we have some pictures ? Thx
I will receive a Ken EX and will take the shirt off, I have seen someone post pictures here on the board, but he told me it only works with the EX. Still am searching myself for that post (it’s not in this thread) to ask him how he did it.

I like the Ken a lot! The sculpting is perfect, only the base is not conform with the others :-(

Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #1024
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Just found it:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=shirt
Post 583
But I'm sure there was another member who did it, I only can remember he was from France.
Christina
Old 08-05-2010, 05:37 AM   #1025
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

You guys are awesome. I love the fact that you guys help other collector to find what they need and help them With their choices. I'm buying ken for sure now !!!
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #1026
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
You guys are awesome. I love the fact that you guys help other collector to find what they need and help them With their choices. I'm buying ken for sure now !!!
The EX or Reg? Just ask because I'm not sure if it's possible to take off the shirt of the reg too.
Christina
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #1027
snawly
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the Ken except his head sculpt looks off from certain angles...mainly if you're looking at it from the side, something about the nose and forehead just doesn't look right.

Anyway, you should try Sideshow as they have the Ken as Waitlist items so it's always worth a try.
snawly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #1028
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well Christina,i to believe there is alot of hype for Shin currently,and a lot of has to with people who want one because of its value,and not because of the connection a collector has with certain pieces,but i have been trying to get one for over a year now and have not seen the price fall very much,and maybe someday it will drop,but untill there is a better version done of Shin i honestly cant see the current one sell for 1000 dollars.If Doom PF EX doesnt sell at that price,its doubtful that Shin will either.Plus the SF brand is very international,a lot of my friends who live all over the world have more knowledge about SF,then Marvel or whatever.I have seen SF arcade machines all over the world but i cannot say the same about Marvel.You are very lucky that Jerry could help you in obtaining one,but for a lot of people including myself it has been journey with many dead ends.The fact of the matter is one day there will be another one up for sale,its just a matter of time.If you are like me,you know what you like and are willing to do whatever it may take to get it.And when i said budging,it just meant that at 2k offers for Shin,owners are not willing to counter me an offer,just 2k firm...
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #1029
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Oh and i forgot to say Hi to my fellow Nucks fan RyanGabriel.Cheers
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #1030
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

I disagree, Akuma has nowhere to go but up!

You just wait till guys like me who will have the entire line up at the end, show some pics!

Don't forget Shin Akuma is what started this whole craze!

I'm just upset I didn't buy more than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
What does budging mean? Can’t find it in my dictionary

When I got my Shins I thought omg they are so expansive!! (they were around 1200 USD already at that time), never thought they would still go up in value! I only got them for an arm and a leg of my boyfriend because I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted them because it’s imo the nicest statue ever made! Ricky I guess you are now in the same dilemma as I was some month ago, I even contacted Jerry to sell one of his AP’s in my panic not being able to get one. He did not want to sell, but he helped me with an email address of one of his employees that had an AP. That was very cool from Jerry and I never will forget that!! You cannot imagine how I felt, so in the end my boyfriend bought them for me and I will love him forever for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think that the hype is a bit high at the moment and the Shin’s will settle at 1000-1200 USD in the end, but if you need something so bad I can understand Ricky completely!!

I will receive a Ken EX and will take the shirt off, I have seen someone post pictures here on the board, but he told me it only works with the EX. Still am searching myself for that post (it’s not in this thread) to ask him how he did it.

I like the Ken a lot! The sculpting is perfect, only the base is not conform with the others :-(

Christina
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote