Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #1461
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Could you tease both?
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #1462
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
Way too many lines to handle. One statue a year for MK and SF. The street fighter bust line is dead, and two new SF dios are in the works (Which will probably be another year come release) and NOW the lifesize bust line?

Just seems that the releases are due to multiple liscences and multiple lines for each with not enough backing to get the work done. Unlike Sideshow, PCSC is a small studio and doesn't have the artistic resources that a larger company would.Could be wrong, Just what it seems like to me.
I would ALMOST like to believe that. However, Syco is a pretty small company to, much smaller than PCS. Yet, they find a way to pump out PF's like they do it in their sleep.

I believe in the "quality over quantity" moto also. But I dont agree with using that as pass to drag your feet.

I understand the delays and the whole chinese new year thing. But honestly, 1 PF a year....I could commission the entire line of MK in 1:4 and have them finished in a year. Done by sculptors that have WAY more projects than PCS has on the go....simultaneously.

That was actually my plan last year, then just before I put out the cash to have them done I hear that PCS is doing a MK line. So I figured I'd hold off and get the licenced stuff instead. Had I known it would be at this rate I would have gone ahead with my original plans.

Not trying to give Jerry a hard time, but he has to recognize that the demand for these pieces exists here and now....not 10 years from now.

No word of a lie, a few months back I completely forgot I had even PO'd this Scorpion PF. Thats how much time has gone by. Their is truth to the saying "out of sight, out of mind". And to be honest, the only company keeping this line in my sight is Syco.

I know Jerry has already mentioned this line will be picking up steam. Forgive my ignorance, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #1463
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I would ALMOST like to believe that. However, Syco is a pretty small company to, much smaller than PCS. Yet, they find a way to pump out PF's like they do it in their sleep.

I believe in the "quality over quantity" moto also. But I dont agree with using that as pass to drag your feet.

I understand the delays and the whole chinese new year thing. But honestly, 1 PF a year....I could commission the entire line of MK in 1:4 and have them finished in a year. Done by sculptors that have WAY more projects being done simultaneously.

That was actually my plan last year, then just before I put out the cash to have them done I hear that PCS is doing a MK line. So I figured I'd hold off and get the licenced stuff instead. Had I known it would be at this rate I would have gone ahead with my original plans.

Not trying to give Jerry a hard time, but I he has to recognize that the demand for these pieces exists here and now....not 10 years from now.

No word of a lie, a few months back I completely forgot I had even PO'd this Scorpion PF. Thats how much time has gone by. Their is truth to the saying "out of sight, out of mind". And to be honest, the only company keeping this line in my sight is Syco.

I know Jerry has already mentioned this line will be picking up steam. Forgive my ignorance, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chris
Even if I had all the resources in the world , I would never release as much MK product as Syco is. I think its bad for the license and bad for the market.

Thats just my opinion

However , I would like to release 4 various MK pcs per year, and thats my plan for this year. There are now 7 sculpts in progress from props to 1:1 busts to the 1:4 scale and Diorama.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1464
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

so we are getting a prop, 1:1 bust subzero, 1/4 sclae classic or modern and a diorama.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #1465
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
so we are getting a prop, 1:1 bust subzero, 1/4 sclae classic or modern and a diorama.
Prop and diorama probably wont hit until 2013. So, 1X 1:1 bust, 1X 1:4 Klassic , 2 X 1:4 MK9 (not including Scorpion)
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #1466
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

sounds good but of course i am sure that it will be a flexible schedule
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #1467
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Even if I had all the resources in the world , I would never release as much MK product as Syco is. I think its bad for the license and bad for the market.

Thats just my opinion

However , I would like to release 4 various MK pcs per year, and thats my plan for this year. There are now 7 sculpts in progress from props to 1:1 busts to the 1:4 scale and Diorama.
Sounds alright...

So you know, I age twice as fast as a regular human. So I'll actually be 40 in 5 years. Dont mean to rush ya but........

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #1468
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

To chime in - I have always believed PCS is the Hot Toys of the statue companies - Jerry expects perfection. I do believe some event/s may have caused a slow-down, but I have no doubt pace will pick-up from here - we've seen what PCS can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Prop and diorama probably wont hit until 2013. So, 1X 1:1 bust, 1X 1:4 Klassic , 2 X 1:4 MK9 (not including Scorpion)
Sweet.. and they have all been in the works for a while from passionate talent..

for fun from that list I will guess: sub-zero bust, sub-zero klassic, Shao Kahn MK9, Raiden MK9

with a possible Mileena, but went back to the scrap boards to create Kitana
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #1469
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I really hope one of the two MK9 pieces is a lady!
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #1470
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
I really hope one of the two MK9 pieces is a lady!
Could very well be.. I remember in a MK interview (I think it was MKO), Jerry said one of the next releases would be a lady

I have been waiting an eternity for a decent Shao Kahn.. the presence that piece could command..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote