Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 03-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
cloakndagger
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Cloak & Dagger's Collection

My fiance and myself have been really fan of superhero movies for years. 2 years ago, out of no where we have decided to start a collection.

Now, like many of you we really end up falling into this collector syndrome :-)

Below is my newest display cabinent that we built from scratch to display our 1:2 Bust (DC & Marvel).

PS: Special thanx to Galactus and other forum members for their tips & guidance

Link to my Flickr album
cloakndagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Nice display there cloakndagger . Very well organized and aesthically pleasing to the eye. I'm especially digging your display case against the wall, the cocktail table not to mention your entire living room. I take it that is plexiglass is used to create both of your cases.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
cloakndagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablkpnther View Post
Nice display there cloakndagger . Very well organized and aesthically pleasing to the eye. I'm especially digging your display case against the wall, the cocktail table not to mention your entire living room. I take it that is plexiglass is used to create both of your cases.
thank you! Indeed those are 8mm plexiglass, they are "supposed" to withstand my 3 lovely cats.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

LOL. You're welcome. Definitely a smart decision on your part CnD especially if you have animals roaming freely about the house. I would hate for you to snap and take the skin off your beloved cats for breaking one your most treasured possessions. There's nothing like having PETA and the evening newsman at your front door over something like that j/k.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Let the addiction take over and suck you in while taking over your bank account . Looking forward to seeing more your stuff in the future.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Very nice display !

I dig the wall color really makes the statues stand out !

My only suggestion would be if you framed those posters.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
cloakndagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablkpnther View Post
LOL. You're welcome. Definitely a smart decision on your part CnD especially if you have animals roaming freely about the house. I would hate for you to snap and take the skin off your beloved cats for breaking one your most treasured possessions. There's nothing like having PETA and the evening newsman at your front door over something like that j/k.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Let the addiction take over and suck you in while taking over your bank account . Looking forward to seeing more your stuff in the future.
ROFL I assure you they really behave (well at least for cats). But very minor accident did occur in the past.

To be perfectly honest they actually dont like collectibles at all they really prefer the boxes.

So when we are taking out statues from their packaging, I can be sure to find at least one cat within the box and another sitting on top of it... and a third one struggling to be part of it too.

Anyway, Really glad to be around ! And when you love a hobby as much as this one you dont count (or not too much)!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
cloakndagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Very nice display !

Well about the wall... my fiance picked the color. The painter did it wrong (or I should say inaccurate), she had them repaint the wall 4 times... it expains why the paint is so thick and deep.

Completely agree with you for the posters, but I have been forbidden to put nails on the wall :-(.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Very nice display !

I concur with Alex655321, get the posters framed. It will make the collection look even better. And yes, the wall color truly does wonders for your collection.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

Tell your fiancee she has style and great taste when it comes to color schemes. Trust me when I tell you this. My wife helped me set up my collection in the mancave. Although this is my personal space, I trust her enough to tell me what works and what doesn't. As for you, you better start putting on the charms with the future misses and convince her that the frames would complete you. It's all about compromise baby so now's the time to put that in motion or you'll end up losing the battle before it's even started.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Nice and clean!!
congrats and welcome to SF!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote