Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #31
Harley Quinn
Frackin!

Yup... Bioware has allot of them leading the team now. Do a little research and you will see why allot of fans are worried.
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #32
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn View Post
Yup... Bioware has allot of them leading the team now. Do a little research and you will see why allot of fans are worried.
Oh no! I had NO idea.... geeze now you have me worried....
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:47 PM   #33
Harley Quinn
Frackin!

Google Manveer Heir.
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #34
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I hope no SJW stuff comes into play. But I was thinking about it and I'm not sure how it would when the whole basis of the game is choosing your own adventure? Anyways, another trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOA3CYQRm-o
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #35
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PJEmEHIaY

I love Mass Effect, but this is one of the worst launch trailers I've ever seen.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #36
Luminous
Cyclops

What was wrong with that trailer? It wasn't the most exciting thing but it was certainly serviceable. I'm still looking forward to the game.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #37
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It was incredibly bland and generic. Honestly, if it wasn't for the asari and krogan squadmates in the trailer, I wouldn't have known this was supposed to be a Mass Effect title.

Also, Bioware has never been great with animations, but it looks like they got even worse with this game. The body movements are completely stilted and awkward. Lip synching is abysmal.

The story is also more of the same: Look for this thing to save the universe while fighting these things that look like rejected Protheans. How original.

If this didn't have 'Mass Effect' in the title, it would crash and burn.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #38
Luminous
Cyclops

I've rewatched this trailer several times now after reading your comments. I had to see these problems for myself. However, apart from some valid criticism of some of the animations, I was surprised to see that none of the other "problems" actually exist in this trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
It was incredibly bland and generic. Honestly, if it wasn't for the asari and krogan squadmates in the trailer, I wouldn't have known this was supposed to be a Mass Effect title.
What other way could they have demonstrated this was a Mass Effect title? Asari and Krogan are both staples of the franchise. Considering this is set 600 years after ME 3 there is not much else they can reuse besides familiar species and possibly some tech.

Quote:
Also, BioWare has never been great with animations, but it looks like they got even worse with this game. The body movements are completely stilted and awkward. Lip synching is abysmal.
Animations honestly look no worse than previous BioWare titles. Could they have improved? Sure. Do they look worse? They look like BioWare animations. Like you said, it's BioWare.

As for the lip synching; are we still talking about this trailer? Because there is literally maybe a fraction of a second where you can see anyone directly using dialogue. The rest is narrated. And in that tiny instance the lip synching looks normal. I'm going to assume you are referring to other examples because this problem simply doesn't exist in this trailer.

Quote:
The story is also more of the same: Look for this thing to save the universe while fighting these things that look like rejected Protheans. How original.
Again are we still talking about this launch trailer? Because in this trailer it specifically mentions that they are running out of resources and that they need a new "pathfinder". There is not one mention of finding any specific object to save the universe. Also, aside from some similar angles, the "baddy" in this trailer looks nothing like a Prothean.

So I gotta ask, where is all this criticism coming from? Because it cannot be from this specific trailer.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #39
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

10 Hours with this bad boy starting tomorrow for EA Access members. God I love EA Access, lol. And I am really hoping Triforce has some replica weapons that will be announced sometime soon and I am really really really hoping that Bioware and Treehouse Brand Stores go back to creating the lithographs like the Mass Effect 1 & 2 lithographs.

Just a great time for Mass Effect fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
So I gotta ask, where is all this criticism coming from? Because it cannot be from this specific trailer.
Haters gotta hate. Thats the answer to so many questions asked on the internet.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #40
Luminous
Cyclops

So the general consensus seems to be in..... and it's not looking good. Not only are the critics now releasing their reviews with low scores but I've had a chance to see some gameplay vids. I am extremely disappointed with what I am seeing. I will probably still pick the game up at some point but it won't be until it is heavily discounted and after SEVERAL patches. I doubt any patch will fix what's wrong with the core of the criticisms but at least some patches and a big discount will make the purchase easier to swallow. For now though EA isn't getting a dime from me. Not for what they've done to this beloved franchise.

It seems clear to me now that Medusoid's comments must have been about what has been seen in general about this game and not about the launch trailer specifically (very confusing though considering the comments were made in the same breath as the trailer). Can't believe this is a BioWare title. Glad I have Zelda to ease the pain of this loss though (incredible game).