Green Arrow

Both companies have winners and duds.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #1242
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I think you guys need to stop hating on XM. They have pieces th at destroy Sideshow I’m yet to see something from sideshow that I can say is mind blowing . Their ES numbers pretty much guarantee money lost .

XM can mess scales up I don’t understand why . I own many spider rogues they are awesome , Hulkbuster is not overrated that’s laughable . Please don’t make list sideshows lemons in last 5 years ok
People are free to have and share whatever opinion they want. If you don't like it, too bad.

This is the Sideshow section. You can go and join the other 12 people that frequent the XM threads if you have such an issue reading certain comments.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #1243
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Exactly, there's some weird statue company fanboism lol! I was hoping to see some in hand pics of XM's Sabretooth before deciding, I slightly prefer that one but SS's is great too.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #1244
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I think you guys need to stop hating on XM. They have pieces th at destroy Sideshow I’m yet to see something from sideshow that I can say is mind blowing . Their ES numbers pretty much guarantee money lost .

XM can mess scales up I don’t understand why . I own many spider rogues they are awesome , Hulkbuster is not overrated that’s laughable . Please don’t make list sideshows lemons in last 5 years ok

Ok, this isn't where i was going with this, more just interesting on if both will sell out as fast, and which one will over all have the more sought after piece (bigger ebay mark up)

Quote:
Agree, and we are lucky to have both around to have them push one another to be better.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #1245
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Exactly, there's some weird statue company fanboism lol! I was hoping to see some in hand pics of XM's Sabretooth before deciding, I slightly prefer that one but SS's is great too.
There is and I never understood that mentality or why some posters seem to blindly back one company over another.

It's really strange to me. If it's a nice piece and I like it, I buy it. I don't care who made it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #1246
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
There is and I never understood that mentality or why some posters seem to blindly back one company over another.

It's really strange to me. If it's a nice piece and I like it, I buy it. I don't care who made it.
Exactly! I just buy what really appeals to me, I don't care which company, per se. I've been getting more into XM Lately, but I like a lot of the Sideshow X-universe pieces as well.

DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #1247
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

IN MY OPINION*
I never thought XM could execute a good sculpted portrait to save their lives (Daniel Bel was giving that company hope, but then Sideshow went in like Vince McMahon & stole their top talent) I won't deny they do some really crazy & cool designs but with a hamburger helper looking face "really kills the piece" perfect example is that Magneto on the throne. Anywho I wonder if Prime-1 will ever get that long rumored X-Men 1/4 scale license...that would be very interesting!
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #1248
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Subby got lost on the way to the XM section again...

This is a nice piece, I just have little interest in the character.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #1249
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Ok, this isn't where i was going with this, more just interesting on if both will sell out as fast, and which one will over all have the more sought after piece (bigger ebay mark up)

Agree, and we are lucky to have both around to have them push one another to be better.
I agree and buy from both .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #1250
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
IN MY OPINION*
I never thought XM could execute a good sculpted portrait to save their lives (Daniel Bel was giving that company hope, but then Sideshow went in like Vince McMahon & stole their top talent) I won't deny they do some really crazy & cool designs but with a hamburger helper looking face "really kills the piece" perfect example is that Magneto on the throne. Anywho I wonder if Prime-1 will ever get that long rumored X-Men 1/4 scale license...that would be very interesting!
You know what because Sideshows Psylocke has just a stunning grill right ?

Both have hits and misses is what I’m saying . Bashing one company completely for anyone is wrong . I guess you buy what you like .

My recent sideshow buys:

Thor
Wolverine
Miles morales
Mr freeze PO

XM
Hulk
Doc Ock
Vulture
Electro

All of them are awesome
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote