Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 11-26-2019, 04:42 PM   #11
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I'd also note that maybe a negative first experience is actually beneficial. Collecting Hot Toys figures, particularly the die-cast, is more expensive that a cocaine addiction.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Huh? They don’t ship from China as single items. When they come from China, the figures are packed in multiples within a larger carton, put on a pallet and placed in a shipping container. Hardly the same thing.

With that said, Sideshow doesn’t guarantee mint boxes. Anyone who wants double packed items should buy from a retailer that provides that service.
All sorts of sellers overseas sell them to US collectors and all the ones I've purchased from overseas sellers come in the simple Hot Toys shipper.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 PM   #13
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I let them know I'm willing to pay for the return shipping and re-shipment, so wouldn't expect a return/exchange should be a big deal. I get that a decent box is technically a luxury. Mine arrived crushed badly enough that the shipper was torn open. Just wanted to see if anybody else had similar experiences.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #14
MegatronG1
The X-Men

If buying more than one HT figure, can I request them to double pack into a larger box? Those HT shipper boxes are not taped all that well.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 PM   #15
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
If buying more than one HT figure, can I request them to double pack into a larger box? Those HT shipper boxes are not taped all that well.
I'll let you know what they tell me in my case, I've asked about options for shipping with some protection.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #16
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
If you are talking about Sideshow, that might work for in stock items. I just had three Hot Toys figures show up on preorder from Sideshow. They only sent me two notices for preorder processing soon but then I got three UPS tracking numbers. They shipped all three separately. Sideshow ships preorder items as soon as they come into the warehouse. BBTS pile of loot is the best option for shipping items together.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #17
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I just got this from Sideshow on my Thor return request, from a nice lady named Lea:

'Please look for an automated email I have just sent with instructions and a prepaid shipping label for the return of the piece. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder in case this does not make it to your inbox.

We do offer a pack-out service for most 1:6 figures. This service places eligible figures in a second brown shipping box for extra protection during shipping. For the additional materials and handling, we charge $10.00 per figure. If you wish to upgrade eligible order(s), please reply back with the specific order numbers and I would be happy to get that applied.

If you’re interested in pack-outs on all future, eligible orders, we can automate this on your account. Just let me know!'

So yes, the option is there. Spendy but worth it for me, and I'm not that guy who'll just demand they replace everything UPS smashes without being willing to pay for the protection myself. I have skin in this game too, but I work with plenty of customers who don't get this in my own line of work!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #18
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
All sorts of sellers overseas sell them to US collectors and all the ones I've purchased from overseas sellers come in the simple Hot Toys shipper.
The HK sellers I’ve bought from use lots of bubble wrap around the shipper. The only badly HT damaged boxes I got from Sideshow were the ROTJ Stormtroopers but that piece has a very thin shipper.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #19
MegatronG1
The X-Men

These bastards split my shipment again, in spite of my request. Once I burn through my PCS credit, I'll no longer buy from Sideshow.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote