Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #21
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

With the X-Men diorama Colossus is a package deal with the Sentinel. If XM goes the same route with this project then I wonder which hero will be linked with Darkseid? If customers only wanted Batman and XM decides to package him with Darkseid then I can see that making a lot of people unhappy. Let the speculation begin...
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #22
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I'd like to see Martian Manhunter in the dio...maybe they can squeeze him in or replace Cyborg with him?

TF dio please...I'm all there. Omega vs. Devastator please???

Anyways...not to derail this thread. If XM is now attacking DC with CLASSIC COSTUMES, it stands to reason that 1/4 Classic DC characters in that old great actionriffic XM way are not far behind.

My XM SPIDEY LIKE SENSE is telling me a Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Hawkman and Hawkgirl and others MAY be gracing our shelves soon enough.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #23
khrisc
The X-Men

i just hope price will not be the same with the Sentinel dio..that one has a crazy price tag!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #24
SONICobra
Bane

man prime1 cant catch a break, first dc kills off the new 52 now xm steals their thunder lol - you snooze you lose I guess
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #25
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I thought that wasn't a true killing of 52 just a reimagined 52? Or did they finally decide to just end it...which I feel they should.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #26
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I watched a DC animated movie... I think it was Justice League War and Darkseid was definitely huge. Roughly the same scale as this dio, not sure if that was based on New 52 or not. But even if not, it makes for a very cool interpretation dio statue. So for both of you who get this AND the Xmen dio, I want to see a side by side picture lol
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #27
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
With the X-Men diorama Colossus is a package deal with the Sentinel. If XM goes the same route with this project then I wonder which hero will be linked with Darkseid? If customers only wanted Batman and XM decides to package him with Darkseid then I can see that making a lot of people unhappy. Let the speculation begin...
I would think Superman. Darkseid is looking at him, and the Superman figure must be connected to the Darkseid figure, hard to tell how but probably through a punched fist.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #28
nearmint
Phoenix

Looks like 1:6 scale Darkseid is about the same size as a 1:4 scale anyone else.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #29
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I'd like to see Martian Manhunter in the dio...maybe they can squeeze him in or replace Cyborg with him?

TF dio please...I'm all there. Omega vs. Devastator please???

Anyways...not to derail this thread. If XM is now attacking DC with CLASSIC COSTUMES, it stands to reason that 1/4 Classic DC characters in that old great actionriffic XM way are not far behind.

My XM SPIDEY LIKE SENSE is telling me a Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Hawkman and Hawkgirl and others MAY be gracing our shelves soon enough.
Even though a Martian Manhunter would be cool, looks like it´s based on the Darkseid War and these are the characters that were part of the Justice League during the story arc.

By the way, Darkseid is indeed huge in the New 52, and the Darkseid War is pretty cool if anyone is thinking about reading it. And man, I would kill for a Grail statue! She has a sick design and is a great character.

I also love the Wonder Woman lasso! Looks epic!
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #30
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Hoping they go with the Original Seven. My proposal is to put Darkseid in classic uniform. Switch Flash to Batman's spot running up towards Darkseid. Batman switches to Wonder Woman's spot with a grappling gun roping up Darkseid's arm. Wonder Woman moves to Cyborg's spot (and puts on shorts). Cyborg gets replaced by Martian Manhunter and moved above where Flash is.

Also, make Superman and Darkseid shooting beams at each other to make better use of Superman.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote