Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 12-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #51
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I like the concept, and the cut out shape of the body. But the execution of the sculpt is poor....
Do you mean accuracy wise? I'm liking what I see if I'm honest, had a go a customising my own went with unmasked closed mouth, full bust (with body), including the medical pack, standard base. Not ordered though, by the time it ships i'm guessing we'll be out of the EU which would mean potentially BIG import taxes!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #52
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Do you mean accuracy wise? I'm liking what I see if I'm honest, had a go a customising my own went with unmasked closed mouth, full bust (with body), including the medical pack, standard base. Not ordered though, by the time it ships i'm guessing we'll be out of the EU which would mean potentially BIG import taxes!

Yeah, the face is quite a way off imo. And the mask looks like one of those Halloween jobs (with incorrect lenses to boot) There is good stuff here though for sure...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #53
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, the face is quite a way off imo. And the mask looks like one of those Halloween jobs (with incorrect lenses to boot) There is good stuff here though for sure...
Yeah just been looking at some screen caps for comparison, you're right the face is quite off (funny as just going off memory it didn't look too bad). It does annoy me when they get these things wrong when there's so much reference material out there.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #54
Kallix
Justice League

What is quite off ? I'm not an expert of Predator so I would like to know. Max Roudaut who posted the pictures is the sculptor, so you can say it to him.
Kallix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #55
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I don't understand the lack of enthusiasm here.
Yes it's maybe not accurate like the Predator Cinemaquette which was very critized when it was announced.
But you know what? I had the Cinemaquette and the first SS exclusive which is considered by far more accurate.

Which one I kept after all these years? The Cinemaquette. Because even if it's not accurate, it has the WOW factor.
Every single person (collectors or non collectors) who saw it my room was amaze.

But I guess each one their preference...

And right now I'm blown away by these bust. They are huge, they have translucent resin, they have amazin sculpts, they have the WOW factor.
Moreover t's not that pricey considering the size.

For me it's a definitive buy.

PS: and for once I won't pay high shipping cost and customs taxes ^^
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #56
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallix View Post
What is quite off ? I'm not an expert of Predator so I would like to know. Max Roudaut who posted the pictures is the sculptor, so you can say it to him.
Just my opinion of course but the mandibles are too big for me (especially the lower ones) as well as general head proportions being off which just gives it an overall different feel. No need to be an expert, just look at the screen caps from the film. And theirs no need to say it to max he signed it off so I’m sure he’s happy with the final result (and theirs no doubting his skill as a sculptor). Like I said these are just opinions if you or anyone else thinks it’s good enough then that’s all that matters, there’s no doubting it’s a very impressive piece regardless

Old 12-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #57
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I don't understand the lack of enthusiasm here.
Yes it's maybe not accurate like the Predator Cinemaquette which was very critized when it was announced.
But you know what? I had the Cinemaquette and the first SS exclusive which is considered by far more accurate.

Which one I kept after all these years? The Cinemaquette. Because even if it's not accurate, it has the WOW factor.
Every single person (collectors or non collectors) who saw it my room was amaze.

But I guess each one their preference...

And right now I'm blown away by these bust. They are huge, they have translucent resin, they have amazin sculpts, they have the WOW factor.
Moreover t's not that pricey considering the size.

The Cm pred was never ment to be accurate, Steve said it was his idealised version of the predator (the ss one was scanned from the original suit so was bound to be more accurate). I was in the same position as you owning both and I too kept the Cm due to its presence.
This is definitely an amazing piece though there’s no doubting that!
What options did you go for?
Old 12-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #58
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Yes I know, and I think this bust is also idealised.

I took these two:

Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #59
azurepred
Zot

but why would you pay this amount when you can get a more accurate custom piece made for the same price, if not cheaper. Tsume has never made a Predator piece, so your taking big risk they can pull off that paint job.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:59 AM   #60
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post

yes its definitely an amazing bust

I won't buy but it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
but why would you pay this amount when you can get a more accurate custom piece made for the same price, if not cheaper. Tsume has never made a Predator piece, so your taking big risk they can pull off that paint job.
I say no for second point, they are not beginner, its only a way of painting, and they know how to do it
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote