Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #10031
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I remember hearing about this, i thought it was only a couple of months though.
Nope, it was about a year or more. Just enough time for those aftermarket prices to build up and then...BOOM, it magically went up for PO again! Sideshow completed the run later because they cut it short. The OG EX Joker PF was sold out and put up for PO again as well. They even cancelled a ton of peeps wait lists. A lot of angry collectors when that mess happened.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #10032
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanos will be in spotlight for a while yet with IW part 2 next year so SS has reason to stagger the sales. I noticed last night at least 8 new eBay listings for regular average price 2200.00 Canadian plus shipping. No thanks there’s no way this is coincidence . SS listed sold out here come the douche bags !!!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #10033
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Remember The new Spiderman PF . Same thing .
Old 05-15-2018, 10:46 PM   #10034
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Thanos will be in spotlight for a while yet with IW part 2 next year so SS has reason to stagger the sales.
Why stagger the sales? Wouldn’t they rather sell out sooner than later? Why claim they’ve sold all 3500 rather than just start taking preorders for the next batch? Why not strike now while the iron is hot?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 PM   #10035
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Why stagger the sales? Wouldn’t they rather sell out sooner than later? Why claim they’ve sold all 3500 rather than just start taking preorders for the next batch? Why not strike now while the iron is hot?
They usually stagger sales because they produce large edition sizes in batches. OG Trinity all produced in batches. New Spidey PF produced in batches. It's very common with pieces that have a large ES. Chinese factories can only push out so much of this stuff at a time.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #10036
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Nope, it was about a year or more. Just enough time for those aftermarket prices to build up and then...BOOM, it magically went up for PO again! Sideshow completed the run later because they cut it short. The OG EX Joker PF was sold out and put up for PO again as well. They even cancelled a ton of peeps wait lists. A lot of angry collectors when that mess happened.
I still can't understand their reasoning behind saying its sold out if its not actually sold out though, you'd think if something is selling well why fake a sellout in the first place.
Quote:
They usually stagger sales because they produce large edition sizes in batches. OG Trinity all produced in batches. New Spidey PF produced in batches. It's very common with pieces that have a large ES. Chinese factories can only push out so much of this stuff at a time.
Yeah, I'm still kinda finding it hard to believe they actually produced 4250 in a year.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #10037
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Quote:
Again, I think this situation is different because Thanos is at the zenith of his popularity now. It makes no business sense to waitlist TOT and move it to the archive when they could continue to highlight the piece and take as many preorders as possible for a new batch. I think all 3500 are spoken for.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #10038
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Again, I think this situation is different because Thanos is at the zenith of his popularity now. It makes no business sense to waitlist TOT and move it to the archive when they could continue to highlight the piece and take as many preorders as possible for a new batch. I think all 3500 are spoken for.
It's certainly possible. Then again, given sideshow's track record, maybe it's not. Time will tell.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:56 PM   #10039
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I think it’s because they want to make sure they don’t go through that QC nightmare again. They will take the time needed to get better factory results .
Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 PM   #10040
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I guess we will wait and see.