Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #5031
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Not if an item sells out in 10 minute. To say 12pm PST is the standard time for all preorders every week is absurd. There are times it goes up before or after that time. People have to work. Imagine I'm in a board meeting checking my phone every second. I would be fired for that!
It's always random times. Freeze is prime 1 but that was late evening when it went up.

But at the end of the day every piece is attainable. Whether you sell off a few other statues or work a few extra hours. If it's a must have piece then those who missed out can get it it's just going to take a little extra work. But I hope everyone is eventually Satisfied with the outcome of this. And some good people flip for a low cost
750 is low but it's not low enough to where these won't be all over the aftermarket.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #5032
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Wow this statue and thread has it all. Excitement and joy, shock and disbelief, even the five stages of grief it seems. And we are just getting started.

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #5033
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Takaboi thank you! You are one of the few sane ones here and Mr. Jones. It's not even a hobby forum, it seems like these people hate themselves for collecting statues.

Do you guys enjoy these things at all?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #5034
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
How was it random? It wasn't hard to find out the day and approximate time Thanos was released.

I think most were just caught off guard at how quickly it sold out and are now bitter about it.
i agree. funny thing is forps warned everyone.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #5035
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
(i already deleted my photos. I am ready. I knew this day would come. Goodbye my friends...)
Aw man...I missed it live. All I could think while reading was, "What are you waiting for? DO IT!" lol

Is it too late to retract my apology to him?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #5036
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Not if an item sells out in 10 minute. To say 12pm PST is the standard time for all preorders every week is absurd. There are times it goes up before or after that time. People have to work. Imagine I'm in a board meeting checking my phone every second. I would be fired for that!
Ah you're right, I forgot this did sell out less than 10 mins. But based on sideshow history, camping on the computer for 30-1hr shouldn't be hard if you really wanted this
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #5037
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
Ah you're right, I forgot this did sell out less than 10 mins. But based on sideshow history, camping on the computer for 30-1hr shouldn't be hard if you really wanted this
I was having a hard time finding the item on their website around 12pm that day!! They didnt post the link to the Thanos EX until the waitlist became available
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #5038
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Didn't need to listen to forps. When they announced the ES it was obvious to me it was going to sell out right away and I made sure I ordered as soon as it came up because I didn't want to take any chances. I thought it would go in an hour but it went even faster. Apparently $1200 was in no way a deterrent.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #5039
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
When they announced the ES it was obvious to me it was going to sell out right away and I made sure I ordered as soon as it came up because I didn't want to take any chances. I thought it would go in an hour but it went even faster.
A few of us DID say don't play games with this piece sitting on a low ES. If you want it, order minute 1. Wasn't just forps.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #5040
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I didn't know what time it went on sale. At least with PPO and what PCS does now, the time & date was announced a week prior to go live. IMO, that's what ssc should had done.

Now ssc is getting a backlash on this whole fiasco and rightly so they should be.
You'd just make it easier for flippers to just come in at that exact time that its supposed to come up, and scoop it from right underneath you. Being it random, even flippers missed out. Like it or not, it was fair. I didn't know the time, and i managed to sit there for a few hours refreshing and waiting for po's to open, and I got one the minute it opened up. Simply put, like many others have stated. When you get a heads up advanced notice, and you really want something, youll do everything in your power to get it. Again, I dont know why you're surprised about that? Is this your first time to the rodeo?
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote