Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #711
Faken
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCG View Post
You didn't answer my question Faken?

In case you missed it, here it is again.

------------------------------------

This is exactly what I thought this would degenerate into, an "I know better than everyone else" thread.

So I just have one question for you Faken. In light of what John Rosengrant at SWS has said, are you saying he is a liar?

Yes or no answer please, its a simple enough question.
In regards to what? The cannon being damaged on set? Sure, I believe something like that can happen, absolutely. That has nothing to do with why the cannon resembles nothing like what is seen in the film or in EVERY photo in Stan's book showing the cannon PRIOR to shipping to Mexico for filming. If you want to investigate this further, why not ask him why the cannon on your piece does not resemble the photos of the cannon taken outside in the SWS shop's lot in Stan's book on pages 104 and 105?

If you want to continue to discuss this, please PM me as requested by the other users who are bored of this discussion.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #712
HCG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faken View Post
Yep, so it appears that some scenes have it and some don't. I know in that scene they first have him wearing the helmet, then they cut and remove his half-mask and put on the full appliance and hand him the mask to hold in front of him for when the shot starts up again. It's likely that this is the one used for closeups that has the additional details that are missing from the HCG replica. I've spoken to Steve Wang and Tom Woodruff about the helmets and I've emailed John but no answer... Steve and Tom both couldn't remember exactly. Tom had no idea but said that the lenses were changed and maybe that was why some shots in the book had the mesh and some didn't and Steve said something similar, but also said there were different helmets as "backups". That's what the helmet that was used for the HCG piece was.

Thanks for the high res screen grabs, send me more if you have them! I try to get as many as I can for discussions just like this. Can you get some high def ones from the scene after he first comes out of the water and shoots up the logs with that critter underneath? That entire scene has great shots of the cannon and armor parts. This movie must be so sweet in Bluray... I need to stop blowing all my fun money on collectibles and upgrade my audio/video gear.

And sure, we can leave it to PM, feel free to PM me if anyone wants to discuss it further, I loooove talking preds The only way to learn more is to pass around information like this.
So the helmet visor DOES have mesh! Well, well what a suprise!

Would be nice if people didn't state as gospel & call the good people at SWS liars without being totally sure of their facts.

End of debate as far as I am concerned.

Mark
Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #713
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I am closing this down and restarting a thread introducing the company. If you feel you need to discuss this any further please do so via PM.
Closed Thread