Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #11
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I can't even imagine how big of a room i'd need for an 80 inch TV let alone 200.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I believe for 80" you need about 15 or 16' of distance from screen.
Actually, ideal viewing distance for an 80” is about 10ft. I did a little research when I bought mine because I had 12ft to work with and wanted to maximize my screen size without compromising the quality of the image by sitting too close. I’ve never had anyone say my screen was too big for my room.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #12
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I still go to the movies and I do have 65" LG OLED 4K TV. At our theatre I don't experience the obnoxious behavior others seem to. But it's mostly blockbuster type movies we see.
My experience has been the same. I've seen hundreds of movies at the cinema and can count on one hand how many times other people's behavior has been a problem.

I remember one time though when as the credits were rolling at the end, two elderly ladies got into an argument because one felt the other had talked too loud during the movie. The first lady said as she walked out, "I was about to punch her in the face!"
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #13
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
My experience has been the same. I've seen hundreds of movies at the cinema and can count on one hand how many times other people's behavior has been a problem.

I remember one time though when as the credits were rolling at the end, two elderly ladies got into an argument because one felt the other had talked too loud during the movie. The first lady said as she walked out, "I was about to punch her in the face!"
I tell ya.... those dang Skrulls deserve to be punched out!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:47 AM   #14
Gothamite
Phoenix

What I hate most is when the projector fails, and audience members start shouting, "Fix the movie!" Most multiplexes have only one person upstairs overseeing all the projectors, and they can't hear individual auditoriums due to the glass windows that block sounds from disrupting the viewing experience. Someone has to go into the lobby and notify the staff that the movie needs to be re-started.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:41 AM   #15
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Actually, ideal viewing distance for an 80” is about 10ft. I did a little research when I bought mine because I had 12ft to work with and wanted to maximize my screen size without compromising the quality of the image by sitting too close. I’ve never had anyone say my screen was too big for my room.
I've got an old house with oddly shaped rooms, so even getting 10 feet to play with would be nearly impossible.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote